Job Profile Summary
This role will support various BP businesses with a range of Sourcing, contracting and supplier performance management activities based on Category Management Policy and Processes.
Working within a defined global process framework, this role will contribute to an enhanced Service Delivery Model around how BP managed costs through third-party contract agreements, and ensure maximum value is achieved. This role is expected to deliver value using the provisions of the Category Management Common Process and within boundaries of relevant laws and regulations, approved budgets and, where applicable, JV partner and NOC agreements.
The Sourcing Senior Analyst-RD & T Technology will comply with BP’s Code of Conduct, as well as all HSSE requirements, including continual support of HSSE objectives within the business, and taking a professional and disciplined approach to working with suppliers, to ensure transparency, consistency and fairness. Our procurement and supply chain management principles are always applied within that framework and in the context of relevant laws and regulation.
Key accountabilities :
1) End-to-End Sourcing projects as per business request, inclusive of the following activities:
a) Case Management
• Receive, execute and continuously manage incoming Sourcing project requests via the Case Management tool
• Validate requests, scopes of work and liaise with stakeholders to ensure all business requirements are considered/met
b) Sourcing Strategy
• Gather and analyze market intelligence data on a regular basis relative to categories and regions, in order to properly gauge and evaluate market and industry conditions utilized to determine the sourcing strategy decision
• Develop Sourcing Strategies based on request, market conditions, scopes of work, etc. and manage the approval process
c) Deliver value to internal stakeholders, partnering to manage all Sourcing & Contracting activities in compliance with Category Management Common Process (CMcp, working closely with Supply and Business Facing teams
d) Supplier Prequalification
• Screen suppliers as per the related guidelines
• Monitor/manage continuous supplier prequalification status, and action per the related
e) Event Management
• Validate requests, scopes of work and liaise with stakeholders to ensure all business
requirements are considered/met
• Support/manage the supplier selection process
• Validate requests, scopes of work and liaise with all stakeholders to ensure all business
requirements are considered/met
• Evaluate proposals/outputs
2) Supplier Management
• Manage supplier performance aligned with the supplier relationship/management plans.
3) Additional accountabilities specific to this role
a) Work closely with Technical line colleagues accountable for developing the Contracting &
Procurement Plan (CPP), and post-award Supplier Management (SM) for suppliers at Business
Facing level, if required.
b) Assess and mitigate supply chain risk through engagement with relevant stakeholders
ensuring business risks are managed effectively.
Essential experience and job requirements:
• The ideal candidate has minimum three (3) years of practical and application in End to End
sourcing and contracting of services and commodities, coupled with a strong commercial
acumen and communication (oral and written English language) skills.
• Track record of successful Supply Chain delivery in an international environments and Joint
• University degree in Engineering, Economics, Business Administration, Procurement or other
• Proven experience with contract creation, negotiations and contract drafting skills
• Proven track record of delivery value
• Strong proactive and innovative approach
• Experience working in large and multi-cultural team
• Able to work on shift
• An ability to read, understand and act with given information (reading comprehension skills)
• Influencing, negotiation, problem solving skills
• An ability to operate methodically including process adherence, research and analysis of
systems and information
• Customer orientation with confidence and ability to follow up on pending work from business
• Proficient desktop computing experience – an ability to learn PSCM applications including
ARIBA, SAP and Salesforce