Job Family Group:
Procurement & Supply Chain Management Group
Responsible for coordinating the activities of a team accountable for developing and implementing sourcing strategies, plans and executing bidding events, negotiating purchase contracts, and supporting stakeholders in the ongoing management of suppliers, to deliver against sourcing and contracting project milestones and relevant PSCM targets.
- Act as the GBS Category expert / focal point in the given category towards GBS Procurement, PSCM and Business stakeholders.
- Take the lead in ensuring effective information flow regarding the category strategy / guidance between GBS Procurement and PSCM.
- Provide category specific guidance and mentoring to the relevant GBS Procurement Team(s).
- Drive and manage various sourcing and contracting projects of high complexity Ensure that the business requirements are well-understood and properly covered in the category level discussions and sourcing process.
- Identify value levers and opportunities to maximize value for BP in the marketplace
- Develop Sourcing strategy in accordance with the respective Category strategy / guidance Define approach to market and develop source selection criteria based on the business priorities and requirement
- Manage and coordinate the supplier selection process to ensure the most ideal option is chosen
- Manage key stakeholder & supplier relationships in the given category and all relevant stakeholder and supplier interactions throughout the sourcing projects looked after
- Negotiate and agree on relevant contract terms with suppliers
- Develop and modify contract content based on templates and manage the approval process. Also propose potential modifications/updates to the relevant contract templates based on category specific requirements
- Generate reports (status, summary etc.) and analyze data depending on the project requirements.
- Mentor and support team members, and actively contribute to the development of GBS capability & knowledge in the given categories.
- Take an innovative approach and support/lead continuous process improvement initiatives Comply with BP’s Code of Conduct, taking a professional and disciplined approach to working with suppliers, to ensure transparency, consistency, and fairness. Our procurement and supply chain management principles are always applied within that framework and in the context of relevant laws and regulations
- Comply with all BP’s Health, Safety, Security and Environment (HSSE) policies and procedures.
- 5+ years of relevant sourcing experience, gained preferably in a multinational environment
- 3+ year’s category specific experience, preferably in IT categories like Software as Service, Infrastructure, Cloud computing, Application development & Maintenance, Software license models, Hardware etc.
- Proven experience in dealing with external partners, especially with suppliers
- Experience with contract creation, negotiation, and maintenance
- Experience on category management and/or category strategy development is an advantage.
- Bachelor’s degree in any discipline and / or related field
- Understanding of the end-to-end Procurement process
- Strong knowledge of navigating the supply market and supplier selection
- Excellent influencing and negotiation skills
- Excellent stakeholder relationship management skills
- Fluent in English and in other language(s) based on the BP location(s) supported
- Excellent time-management and task prioritization skills
- Strong motivation to further develop sourcing & category knowledge
- Ability to provide professional leadership, coordinate and mentor junior team members
- Proficient desktop computing experience
- Strong proactive and innovative approach
No travel is expected with this role
This role is not eligible for relocation
This position is a hybrid of office/remote working
Agreements and negotiations, Analytical Thinking, Building sustainability, Business Acumen, Category spend profiling, Category Strategy, Commercial acumen, Communication, Cost modelling, Decision Making, Digital fluency, Market Analysis, Negotiation planning and preparation, Sourcing strategy, Stakeholder Management, Supplier Selection, Sustainability awareness and action, Value creation and management
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, socioeconomic status, neurodiversity/neurocognitive functioning, veteran status or disability status. Individuals with disabilities may request a reasonable accommodation related to bp’s recruiting process (e.g., accessing the job application, completing required assessments, participating in telephone screenings or interviews, etc.). If you would like to request an accommodation related to the recruitment process, please contact us to request accommodations.
If you are selected for a position and depending upon your role, your employment may be contingent upon adherence to local policy. This may include pre-placement drug screening, medical review of physical fitness for the role, and background checks.