Responsible for developing and implementing sourcing recommendations, negotiating purchase contracts to deliver best value solutions and executing contract administration while understanding the local business objectives and desired outcomes to deliver against sourcing and contracting project milestones and targets.
Would you like to discover how our diverse, hardworking people are leading the way in making energy cleaner and better – and how you can play your part in our world-class team?
Join our procurement team and advance your career as a Sourcing Senior Analyst!
Sourcing Senior Analyst – Rotating Equipment (German speaking)
GBS Procurement is integral to building bp's distinctive capabilities and enhancing the procurement processes. In order to achieve this they are collaborating with segment category teams to effectively build, segment and manage the third party supply chains. They are building the next generation of category management; sourcing and digital capability in line with bp’s defined functional vision and location strategy.
In this role You will:
- Drive and manage various sourcing and contracting projects of low or medium complexity
- Ensure that the business requirements are well-understood and properly covered in the sourcing process
- Identify value levers and opportunities to maximise value for BP in the marketplace
- Develop Sourcing strategy in accordance with the respective Category strategy with guidance from new senior team members if required
- Define approach to market and develop source selection criteria based on the business priorities and requirement
- Manage and coordinate the supplier selection process to ensure the most ideal option is chosen
- Manage the all relevant stakeholder and supplier interactions and relationship throughout the sourcing project
- Negotiate and agree on relevant contract terms with suppliers
- Develop and modify contract content based on templates and manage the approval process
- Generate reports (status, summary etc.) and analyse data depending on the project requirements
- Take an innovative approach and support/lead continuous process improvement initiatives
We have the following requirements:
- Bachelors’ degree or equivalent experience is required (preferably in business studies)
- 3-5 years of relevant sourcing experience, gained preferably in a multinational environment
- 1-2 years of category specific experience
- Proven experience in dealing with external partners, especially with suppliers
- Experience with contract creation, negotiation and maintenance
- Fluent in English and German
- Strong knowledge of navigating the supply market and supplier selection
- Understanding of the end-to-end Procurement process
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Experience working in an Ariba / Salesforce system environment is an advantage
At bp, we provide the following environment & benefits to you:
- A company culture where we respect our diverse and unified teams, where we are proud of our achievements and where fun and the attitude of giving back to our environment are highly valued
- Possibility to join our social communities and networks
- Chill-out and collaboration spaces in a stylish office environment
- Learning opportunities, other development opportunities to craft your career path
- Different bonus opportunities based on performance, wide range of cafeteria elements
- Life & health insurance, medical care package
- Company laptop
- Phone for private usage
- Opportunity to work from home: up to 2 days / week based on team agreement
We are a global energy business involved in every aspect of the energy system. We have 75,000 employees in 80 countries, working towards delivering light, heat and mobility to millions of people, every day. We are one of the very few companies equipped to solve some of the big complex challenges that matter for the future. We have a real contribution to make to the world's ambition of a low carbon future. Join us, and be part of what we can accomplish together.