Grade G Responsible for delivering business analysis and consulting activities for the defined specialism using advanced technical capabilities, building and maintaining effective working relationships with a range of stakeholders, ensuring relevant standards are defined and maintained, and managing process and system improvements to deliver business value. Specialisms: Business Analysis; Data Management and Data Science; Digital Innovation.
Staff Data Engineer – Castrol B2B
We are recruiting a Staff Data Engineer, to lead the technical delivery of strategic best-in-class digital, data & analytics products for bp’s global Castrol B2B business.
bp is a diverse and inclusive place to work. We particularly welcome applications from female, black and minority ethnic and neurodiverse candidates as they are under-represented within bp at this level.
What is the day to day like?
As a Senior Data Engineer, you will work as the data engineering lead of a global cross-discipline team of data engineers, software engineers, data scientists, data analysts, data managers and business partners, delivering data and analytics solutions at pace, in a Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe).
You will be responsible for scoping, architecting, and implementing scalable data infrastructure to enable priority business use cases, reviewing, and assuring the technical feasibility of solutions and identifying technical skills required to deliver and support them. As a technical leader, you will advocate for and ensure the implementation of engineering best practices (e.g. technical design, technical design review, unit testing, monitoring & alerting, checking in code, code review, documentation).
In this role, you will write, deploy, and maintain code, help monitor cloud resource spend, help design delivery roadmaps and plans, build, and maintain effective stakeholder relationships, driving improvements and business value.
You will have deep knowledge of best-in-class cloud data and analytics solutions, staying well-informed of industry best-practice and new technologies and will support the team by leading, coaching, developing and mentoring squad members, creating positive engagement and driving an inclusive work environment.
What we want to see from you!
You will be an experienced data engineer with a passion for making a difference and enabling the Energy transition.
• Significant experience leading, growing and developing Agile data engineering teams
• Deep hands-on experience designing, planning, productionizing, maintaining, and documenting reliable and scalable data infrastructure and data products in complex environments
• Development experience in one or more object-oriented programming languages (e.g. Python, Go, Java, C++)
• Advanced SQL knowledge
• Experience designing and implementing large-scale distributed systems
• Deep knowledge and hands-on experience in technologies across all data lifecycle stages
• Strong stakeholder management and communication skills
• Customer-centric and pragmatic mentality
• Focus on value delivery and delivery at pace, while maintaining attention to detail
• Experience of Azure, AWS cloud platforms preferred
• Continuous learning and improvement mindset
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, neuro diversity/neuro cognitive functioning, veteran status or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodations.