- The staff data scientist role exists in order to bring thought leadership in the area of Data science and Machine Learning. You apply established statistical and/or ML methods the context of Retail i.e. Fuels Pricing, Convenience and Loyalty; you have significant knowledge and are the go-to person across bp in areas of time series forecasting & dimensionality reduction.
You bring significant business impact on one or multiple KPIs of the C&P Fuels Pricing business; you are often approached by the business for your thought leadership
- You know how businesses interact and how to engineer them to work better. You apply in-depth statistical methods and data science algorithms to make decisions and prioritize opportunities to drive commercial excellence within Customers & Products through data
What you will be doing with bp...
Lead the BP C&P dataWorx Data Science team in order to provide better insights and improved business performance for the retail and pricing businesses:
- Act as the accountable person for the statistical methods used to enquire data sets, design of Machine Learning models & defining the end to end data lifecycle of a data science project from ideation to production
- you advocate for data science best practices across Customers and Products; you review others work across Customers and Products and ensure high quality and reproducibility standards are met; You author / provide guidance to authors of internal data science best practices
- you drive an open data culture across Customers and Products to minimize silo thinking. You mentor emerging talent and support team members to accurately assess their own capability and take ownership of their career within bp
- You review the work of others for potential issues pertaining to digital trust and highlighting the need for further review by specialized reviewers if needed. Community SME on at least one method of model explainability.
Education and Academics
What will you bring to us...
- Formal qualifications constituting university degrees, examination certificates that confirm a level of educational attainment or licenses.
- Membership of a technical or professional body that has confirmed an individual has reached a level of capability within a technical or professional field (usually but not necessarily obtained through examinations) or Formal certification that they can undertake specialist work or processes e.g. PMI.
- Possibly a PHD in computer science/Machine Learning
- Full-stack AWS Machine Learning knowledge - You possess expert knowledge of AWS Sagemaker, Python/PySpark, Glue, Redshift, Power BI and the ability to distribute payloads through AWS
- Working knowledge for Machine Learning using time series forecasting models, using Deep Learning approaches like RNN, LSTMs
- Exposure to either Fuels Pricing and/or Retail Industry concepts
- AWS Sagemaker certification
#LI - JL2