Grade GResponsible for delivering software / platform engineering activities (depending on specialism), using advanced technical capabilities to fully understand user requirements, acting as the lead for the design, development and maintenance of a software system / infrastructure platform, and assisting in creating the vision to maximize value from current and emerging technologies. Specialisms: Software Engineering; Platform Engineering.
Provide support on operational issues that require development level input.
- Discuss with Product Owners to refine user stories, participate in sprint ceremonies, identify tasks to accomplish the user story and story-point estimations.
- Mentoring less experienced developers, growing capability, setting standards, leading code reviews and testing practices, driving reliability, and encouraging innovation.
- Authoring well-written testable, scalable, maintainable code.
- Leading the development team in the design, development, testing, quality assurance, and deployment.
- Working as the subject matter expect alongside enterprise architecture to craft platform technology and strategic direction.
Essential Experience and Job Requirements:
- Good communication skills and ability to lead a development team.
- Broad understanding of technologies and sophisticated enterprise environments.
- Experience of service enablement on a large-scale platform demonstrating your ‘full’ solution knowledge.
- Broad experience using AWS LandingZone, AWS Lambda, AWS API Gateway, AWS CloudWatch, AWS CodePipeline.
- Strong scripting skills in AWS CloudFormation and Python.
- Experience in AWS Networking – Direct Connect and/or Transit Gateway.
- Building script-assisted and tool-assisted CI/CD pipelines using git (GitLab preferred) and relevant pipeline testing, integration, and deployment components.
- Experience with REST APIs and integration.
- Working in Agile and DevOps methodologies.
- Certified AWS Solutions Architect Associate, and Advanced Networking Speciality
- Empathetic: We care about our people, our community & our planet.
- Curious: We seek to explore & innovate.
- Creative: We imagine the outstanding.
- Inclusive: We bring out the best in each other.
The AWS Staff Platform Engineer is a specialist in engineering solutions for the bp enterprise AWS platform and for customers. You understand the overall architecture and can connect with wider partners, are passionate about technology and infrastructure-as-code mentality, and love mentoring less-senior developers in the team.
You are part of bp Compute that provide platforms and services underpinning bp’s computing needs across Cloud, Database, Containers, High Performance Compute, and on-premises data centres.