SAP Business Technology Platform (BTP, formerly known as SAP Cloud Platform) Team consists of multiple squads of technology and software specialists. We provide comprehensive integrated SAP cloud solutions aligned to digital strategies of bp and a seamless end-user experience utilising modern UI technology by combining the PaaS and SaaS solutions from SAP. The platform allows us to take our development to the next level, enabling us to provide a solution that hides the numerous heterogeneous systems which are combined to produce the end result. The BTP solution is a secure cloud computing environment (Neo and Cloud Foundry) managed by SAP. BTP generally supports hosting of applications that support revenue-earning activity for bp, or directly provide business functionality in the same vein. Strong themes running throughout this technology discipline include automation of manual activity, focus on operational integrity at scale, optimisation of resources, and speed to value.
We have an exciting opportunity in Business Technology Platform (BTP) / SAP Cloud Platform (SCP). We’re looking for a Staff Platform Engineer with curious minds who are excited by the opportunity to create and push the boundaries of digital solutions to advance and be part of bp’s reinvent journey. Beyond being experienced in your field, you will need to think boldly and be willing to explore, experiment and excel. You’ll take delivery ownership with DevOps ways of working and will have the opportunity to build and operate digital solutions by combining the PaaS and SaaS solutions from SAP, with IaaS from AWS that are at the forefront of bp’s digital transformation. A Staff Platform Engineer works as a senior member within the BTP Basis team to support projects that are working on SAP Solutions to bp colleagues and external users on SAP PaaS and SaaS environments. A Staff Platform Engineer works with the team to define the vision and maximise value from current technical applications, platforms, and emerging technologies, showing technical thought leadership. Collaborates with peers across Innovation and Engineering teams and mentors more junior engineers. As a Staff Platform Engineering resource, you will be responsible for building and managing environments, interfaces and automated CICD solutions according to the architectural and design standards in line with wider bp’s enterprise guidelines, leading several initiatives on all aspects of DevOps, providing support to the projects and production support, and working as OneTeam within the Service Line and other teams.
- Will be part of the BTP Basis team to translate relevant business requirements into designs for technology platforms. You will design, test and operate custom-built IT platforms aimed at improving business delivery processes. You will work according to professional engineering practices including naming standards, reviews, source control management, design and operations processes.
- Work with the team to create a clear vision and improve value from current applications and emerging technologies, demonstrating technical thought leadership in BTP area across a wide range of technologies.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the wider I&E team by supporting and coaching Platform Engineers and proactively improving the quality standards and efficiency of delivery.
- Build awareness of internal and external technology developments, managing the delivery of process and system improvements, identifying and implementing continuous improvement plans for Platform Engineering and ensuring best practice is shared across the team.
- Safety of our people and our customers is our highest priority. You will advocate and contribute to this and promote a culture of security and compliance in everything that we do.
Qualification & Certification:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent.
- Extensive knowledge of SAP Cloud Products and ERP Systems.
- Proven Basis experience with minimum 8 years of experience in the industry.
- SAP SaaS Product Experience.
Strong business process knowledge in the following areas:
- Must have very solid experience in Modern SAP Basis and in one of the Cloud Technologies
- Extensive experience in SAP Landscape setup and management
- Exposure to SAP BTP as a Tenant cockpit Admin cockpit
- Experience in BTP services like Portal, WebIDE, Mobile Services, Security, IAS, SAML Auth and UX is added advantage.
- Experience in BTP Neo and hands-on experience on SAP Cloud Foundry (CF) Environment.
- Exposure and a good understanding of SAP SaaS products and the technical administration of these services such as SAP Analytics Cloud, SAP eCommerce, SAP Integration Suite, EnableNow, S4HANA, etc.
- Must be able to provide Architectural and Design inputs and guidelines to the SAP Platform and SaaS Services.
- Perform the below major tasks in SAP BTP and other SAP SaaS solutions:
- Configure connection
- Set up cloud connectors as an IaaS in bp’s AWS Data Centres
- Manage user and security
- Build and configure Fiori apps
- Usage of the standard services
- Implementation of Custom Domains and Friendly URLs
- SAP Technical (OData Service, OOP)
- Integration (SAP Integration Suite, APIs & ODPs)
- Micro-services, cloud-native solutions
- Worked on the end-to-end life cycle of multiple BTP or similar cloud-based implementations.
- Must have led a squad having responsibility for project, people and performance.
- Drive project risk and mitigation plans for reducing business Impact.
- Implementation of complete custom Fiori applications to meet the project requirements
- Working as an SME to support and implement automation ideas and provide values additions in terms of the daily activities.
- Working closely with businesses in resolving their routine BTP and SAP SaaS products issues in real-time.
- Ensures team follows the Agile / Kanban process and acts as Scrum master on top of the development lead role using BP’s DevOps Tools.
- Assists with designing, building & maintaining DevOps automation tools and scripts.
- Designs, builds and configures technical architecture to meet business process and application & operational requirements.
- Responsible for stakeholder relationships and ensure agreed service levels are met.
- This role will interact directly with our customers, development teams, business product owners and 3rd party vendors.
- Web-Technologies and Mobile Platform (SAP UI5, HTML5, CSS3, JS, REST-WS, Angular, React, SAP MDK).
- SAP Certification
- Scrum / Agile Certification