Responsible for delivering software / platform engineering activities (depending on specialism), using advanced technical capabilities to fully understand user requirements, acting as the lead for the design, development and maintenance of a software system / infrastructure platform, and assisting in creating the vision to maximize value from current and emerging technologies. Specialisms: Software Engineering; Platform Engineering.
- Be part of the BTP Basis team to translate relevant business requirements into designs for technology platforms. You will craft, test and operate custom-built IT platforms sought at improving business delivery processes. You will work according to professional engineering practices including naming standards, reviews, source control management, design and operations processes.
- Work with the team to build a clear vision and improve value from current applications and new technologies, demonstrating technical thought leadership in BTP area across a wide range of technologies.
- Give to the continuous improvement of the wider I&E team by supporting and mentoring Platform Engineers and proactively improving the quality standards and efficiency of delivery.
- Build awareness of internal and external technology developments, handling the delivery of process and system improvements, identifying and implementing continuous improvement plans for Platform Engineering and ensuring standard methodology is shared across the team.
- Safety of our people and our customers is our highest priority. You will advocate and chip in to this and promote a culture of security and compliance in everything that we do.
Qualification & Certification:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent.
- Extensive knowledge of SAP Cloud Products and ERP Systems.
- Proven Basis experience with minimum 8 years of experience in the industry.
- SAP SaaS Product Experience.
Strong business process knowledge in the following areas:
- Must have very solid experience in Modern SAP Basis and in one of the Cloud Technologies
- Extensive experience in SAP Landscape setup and management
- Exposure to SAP BTP as a Tenant cockpit Admin cockpit
- Experience in BTP services like Portal, WebIDE, Mobile Services, Security, IAS, SAML Auth and UX is added advantage.
- Experience in BTP Neo and hands-on experience on SAP Cloud Foundry (CF) Environment.
- Exposure and a good understanding of SAP SaaS products and the technical administration of these services such as SAP Analytics Cloud, SAP eCommerce, SAP Integration Suite, EnableNow, S4HANA, etc.
- Must be able to provide Architectural and Design inputs and guidelines to the SAP Platform and SaaS Services.
- Perform the below major tasks in SAP BTP and other SAP SaaS solutions:
- Configure connection
- Set up cloud connectors as an IaaS in bp’s AWS Data Centres
- Lead user and security
- Build and configure Fiori apps
- Usage of the standard services
- Implementation of Custom Domains and Friendly URLs
- SAP Technical (OData Service, OOP)
- Integration (SAP Integration Suite, APIs & ODPs)
- Micro-services, cloud-native solutions
- Worked on the end-to-end life cycle of multiple BTP or similar cloud-based implementations.
- Must have led a squad having responsibility for project, people and performance.
- Drive project risk and mitigation plans for reducing business Impact.
- Implementation of complete custom Fiori applications to meet the project requirements
- Working as an SME to support and implement automation ideas and provide values additions in terms of the daily activities.
- Working closely with businesses in resolving their routine BTP and SAP SaaS products issues in real-time.
- Ensures team follows the Agile / Kanban process and acts as Scrum master on top of the development lead role using BP’s DevOps Tools.
- Assists with designing, building & maintaining DevOps automation tools and scripts.
- Designs, builds and configures technical architecture to meet business process and application & operational requirements.
- Responsible for collaborator relationships and ensure agreed service levels are met.
- This role will interact directly with our customers, development teams, business product owners and 3rd party vendors.
- Web-Technologies and Mobile Platform (SAP UI5, HTML5, CSS3, JS, REST-WS, Angular, React, SAP MDK).
- SAP Certification
- Scrum / Agile Certification