bp is transforming and we are growing the digital expertise and solutions needed to advance the global energy transition.
Excited by building, delivering and enhancing the technical platforms that power bp’s operations? Digital Engineering are a team of technology and software specialists providing innovative, custom-built or customized software and technical platforms to bp colleagues and external users.
We’re looking for curious minds who can take ownership for delivery and will have the opportunity to build and operate digital solutions that are at the forefront of bp’s digital transformation. Beyond being experienced in your field, you will need to think bold and inspire a diverse team to explore, experiment and excel.
As a SAP Technical Staff Platform Engineer, you work within the service to create, maintain and optimise the SAP platforms which underpin bp’s business operations across the globe.
You will be responsible for planning, building and managing the technical platform that forms the basis of bp’s SAP environments, according to bp’s architectural and design standards. This will entail leading initiatives, providing support to the projects and production support, and working as one team within the Service Line and across the portfolio.
Your team’s mission is to be the digital provider of choice to your area of BP – delivering innovation at speed where it's wanted, and day-in-day-out reliability where it's needed. You will operate in a dynamic and commercially focussed environment, with the resources of one of the world's largest Digital organisations and leading Digital and IT vendors working with you. You will be part of growing and strengthening our technical talent base – experts coming together to solve BP and the world’s problems.
Qualification & Certification:
- Delivery of stable and efficient SAP Platforms including implementing new platforms and technical debt management/remediation of existing platforms. We believe in DevOps, you build it, you run it!
- Ensure SAP Platforms in scope of the role evolve in response to changing business needs, technology developments and maintain alignment to bp standard operating environments
- Working with functional stakeholders, project managers and business analysts to understand requirements
- Lead a team of SAP platform/software engineers promoting a culture of agility, continuous improvement and embrace opportunities provided through increased automation
- Working with the team to create a clear vision and maximize value from current applications and emerging technologies, demonstrating technical thought leadership in the SAP technical platform area across a wide range of technologies.
- Contributing to and leading change through agile principles and use of modern working practices
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent.
- Extensive knowledge of SAP Cloud Products and Enterprise Resource Planning Systems.
- Computer Science or other technical (e.g. Physics, Engineering) degree or equivalent commercial experience
- SAP and/or AWS Certification
- SAP Technical Specialism (Technical Leadership or Engineering) in SAP System Administration / Basis for on premise and AWS hosted environments including experience of SAP system upgrades, cloud migrations, automation and performance tuning
- Significant experience of SAP DevOps, project delivery or operations support in complex SAP environments
- Disaster Recovery and Risk Management
- Strong inclusive leadership and people and stakeholder management
- Embrace a culture of continuous improvement
- Willingness and ability to learn new technologies or methodology on top of your existing skillset
- Seeks mentorship from others on impact and effectiveness
- Use insight and good judgement respond to situations as they arise.
- Comfortable with Agile principles and working methods (e.g. use of ADO)
Skills and/or experience in:
- Project Management
- Understanding of S/4 Hana and SAP Cloud Platform (BTP)
- Automation technologies, ServiceNow and SAP Solution Manager
- Agile methodologies
- Business Risk Management
- Systems Development Management
- Monitoring and telemetry tools
- User Experience Analysis
- SAP cybersecurity and compliance