The Digital Customer Identity & Protection portfolio sits within Developer & Identity Platforms Portfolio. Within this portfolio, the Customer & Consumer Identity team are responsible for enablement of application teams to drive our digital customer identity journey. This underpins bp’s digital products and services for customers, a driving force as bp transitions into an Integrated Energy Company.
The Staff Platform Engineer role is responsible for leading both development and operations of the global IDP platform, with a key focus on innovation and customer centricity
bp is reinventing itself and digital capability is at the core of this vision. Our Innovation and Engineering teams enable strategic platforms that make the future digital vision a reality. The purpose of the platform team is to enable product teams to deliver work with meaningful autonomy, focusing on the foundation of self-service API, tools, services, knowledge, and support which are arranged as a compelling internal product.
Join us and you’ll have an opportunity to use your existing experience and expertise whilst continuing to develop professionally at global level. Personal growth and development are encouraged and learning opportunities are plentiful. You are empowered to create a great platform to delight your customers
If unlocking value by bringing teams together using digital capability excites you, we want you!
About the job:
- Provide oversight of the customer & consumer identity platform including development, operations, and federated enablement services for application teams. This includes shaping products & services, consulting & advisory, compliance & standards, environment management, security, tooling & automation, capacity & licensing, cost management, etc.
- Development - prioritizing and delivering requirements in collaboration with the Product Owner. Includes handling incoming demand, recoveries, and capacity management.
- Operations – leading operations with a focus on stability, automation, and proactive detection
- Team management – leading the bp and supplier team (more than 10 FTE)
- Manage third party suppliers delivering technical architecture, development, and maintenance to meet BP’s objectives of delivery consistency and quality, speed to market, and cost efficiency.
- Building relationships and working in collaboration with Digital and the business (Customers & Products). Managing stakeholders
- and ensuring a regular feedback loop and continuous improvement. Supplier relationships are equally important.
- Innovation & Customer Centricity – Drive a culture of innovation within the team. Delivery of initiatives and technologies that will transform, while putting the customer at the heart of everything we do.
- Understanding of Identity & Access Management
- Demonstrates adaptability & flexibility to respond to changing priorities, ideas & challenges.
- Experience of Agile IT Service Management (ITSM)
- Understanding of DevOps / Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery frameworks
- Leading Agile and DevOps teams
- Leading global, distributed, and diverse teams
- Ability to identify and recommend areas of continuous improvement
- Outcome driven - ability to gather inputs and rally support across teams to enable a wide variety of perspectives and achieve shared outcomes.
Desirable Experience and Capability
- Experience with Customer Identity & Access Management.
- Understanding of Information Security & Digital Trust
- Understanding of automated testing frameworks and tools, especially in an integrated environment
- Basic understanding of DevOps / Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery frameworks
At bp, we provide the following environment & benefits:
A company culture where we respect our diverse teams and are proud of our achievements
- Possibility to join social communities and networks
- A healthy work-life balance
- Chill-out and collaboration spaces in a modern office environment
- Learning and development opportunities to craft your career path
- Life & health insurance, medical care package
- And many others benefits!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.