The Digital Connectivity Site Engineering team is an essential part of the Digital Connectivity portfolio of services, providing engineering capabilities in to the performance, availability, and quality of the network platforms. This is done through automation and orchestration and requires a combination of strong platform engineering capability, together with a detailed understanding and experience of networks incl. routing protocols, firewalls and security, VPN tunnels, and insight software .
Part of the Digital Connectivity Leadership, you’ll help drive the vision for our services and how they integrate and operate within the Digital Connectivity platforms.
Primary activities will be leading the delivery, development, customization, testing and support of our catalogue of produccts. You will work closely with our customers to understand their requirements and develop a solution using our existing prodcuts or by assisting in the development of a new offering. You’ll build close relationships with key stakeholders to understand upcoming demand, and support the full lifecycle of our delivery to ensure a great outcome for our customers.
- Key Accountabilities:-
- Lead varied agile squads to deliver and develop solutions for our customers
- Lead and develop squads of engineers, sharing your experience and skills
- Oversee the end to end delivery of solutions, from initial requirements gathering to handover to operational support.
- Work with the team to create a clear vision and maximize value from current applications and emerging technologies, demonstrating thought leadership
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of wider team by supporting and coaching Platform Engineers and improving quality standards and efficiency
- Build awareness of internal and external technology developments, manage delivery of system improvements, identifying and implementing continuous improvement plans
- Lead and promote a culture of security and compliance
- Understand the bp business landscape and ensure a great experience for our users
- Preferably a Bachelors (or higher) degree in Engineering, Computer Science, MIS/IT
Desirable Experience :
15 yrs, with a minimum of 10 yrs of relevant experience.
- Demonstrable experience of delivering networking technoliogy including requirements gathering, delivery and operational handover
- Deep knowledge of networking technologies from a diverse set of vendors, including: Aruba, Juniper, Riverbed, Cisco, Zscaler, Versa, Fortinet, Infoblox
- Experience designing, building, and supporting virtualization platforms, preferably KVM-based
- Confidence and experience troubleshooting complex issues that span multiple platforms/technologies
- Confidence and experience in working at a global scale on mission-critical networks that tolerate very little downtime
- Supports remote installation and decommissioning of network hardware and infrastructure
- Creates high-quality documentation for designed solutions that adhere to bp’s architectural standards
- Continually seeks and is aware of opportunities provided by emerging technology to address challenges or enable new ways of working
- Contributes to the availability management process, its operation and performs defined tasks. Analyses service and component availability, reliability, maintainability, and serviceability
- Monitors service component capacity, initiates actions to resolve any shortfalls according to agreed procedures, applies techniques to control the demand
- Release and deployment: Assesses and analyses release components. Builds and tests in coordination with testers and component specialists
- Requirements definition and management: Facilitates scoping and business priority-setting for change initiatives of medium size and complexity
- Engineering certifications on platform technologies (Cisco, Juniper, Aruba, Fortinet, Versa)
- Exposure to and experience with adjacent domains such as cloud platforms, storage technologies, databases
- Knowledge and experience in:
- Networking insight software: e.g., VIAIVI, IPFabric
- Agile using Scrum and/or Kanban
- DevOps practices and techniques (Value Stream Mapping, Lean, flow, eliminating waste)
- Modern approaches to source-code management and control through tools (TFS and Git/GitHub)
- Working in teams that span multiple timezones and geographies