This role is part of the Global Credit Risk IT team which is responsible for the overall integrity of systems and solutions. The bp Credit Risk organization is a key business area for commercial growth and daily operation within bp’s Trading and Shipping (T&S) organization. And Global Credit Risk IT team, as part of Innovation and Engineering (I&E) group, supports Credit Risk on application development, operation, and enhancement, to strengthen functional and technical capabilities in a DevOps environment. This is a DevOps team - you build it, you run it.
As the key representative in Singapore, in this role, you will collaborate with the business and external teams at various levels.
- Provide support and leadership to the regional teams within Credit and transfer knowledge and support to backup team members.
- Provide business support for production systems including analysis and troubleshooting of problems, interact with internal/external team members and business users throughout the application life cycle
- Contributes and collaborates to assist designs, implements, maintains reliable and scalable applications/systems.
- Research and develop on innovation technologies and strive for excellence and continuous improvement in software architecture, Agile methods and building systems.
- Adheres to agile methodology and operates and builds DevOps maturity. Ensuring delivery of business incremental change safely and reliably.
- Actively contributes to building DevOps maturity, incrementally and measurably improving delivery velocity.
Essential Experience and Requirements
- A bachelor degree of Computer Science or relevant majors, or an equivalent diploma
- Broad experience designing, planning, implementing, maintaining, and documenting solutions.
- Experience running systems in the AWS cloud and innovative technologies
- Development experience in one or more object-oriented programming languages (e.g. Java, C#, Angular).
- Delivery experience using Agile/Scrum and associated tools.
- Experience working with geographically remote business partners and teams.
- Hands-on experience in areas such as database table design (Postgres and SQL Server), runtime complexity, API design, security and privacy best practices, at scale monitoring, logging & alerting, testing best practices.
- Strong communication skills and ability to talk at different levels across the organization.
- Ability to engage and influence and able to decompose technical considerations that everyone can understand is key.
- Stakeholder management and ability to lead organizations through influence.
- Continuous learning and improvement mindset (for themselves and others).
- Prior experience in the energy trading or financial industry will be preferred.
- Complete tasks quickly and thoroughly, owns issues and is highly dependable.
- Highly responsible, self-motivated, and able to thrive in an energetic, fast paced, high growth environment. Exhibits ownership of projects and tasks assigned
- Excellent organizational skills required to adapt to a constantly changing technical environment
- Strong team player with a customer service orientation with the ability to forge relationships at all levels of the company and across diverse cultures
- Have excellent communication skills – written, verbal and interpersonal.
- Ethical, honest, fair and of high integrity.
- Able to work autonomously