As part of the UK Communications & Advocacy team, the role holder will work with bp’s Offshore Wind business to quickly obtain regulatory approvals and societal support.
Working within communities, this role uses best in class techniques to engage and monitor local stakeholder sentiment to plans. With other members of the project team, it will support the development of and implementation of activities. The role works closely with the consenting team and project leadership, drawing on specialist expertise including consultants, to resolve issues in a timely manner.
We are looking for someone to be based out of the North West of England (likely to be Liverpool initially) and will cover Wales, England, Isle of Man, Ireland.
About the role:
- Act as a community point of contact identifying, defining & leading stakeholder engagement across communities (Wales, England, Isle of Man, Ireland), local government officials and political bodies as well as special interest groups such as fisherman. Work to resolve onshore grid connection issues.
- Work with specialist consultants including copywriters, translators, community engagement professionals.
- Provide input to resolve non-technical (inc legislative, regulatory, reputational, political and social) risks, and develop appropriate mitigations to support.
- Alongside your line manager, liaise with our social performance specialists to ensure the best approach is followed and compliant engagement activities are undertaken.
- Resolve issues - anticipating and responding to needs – mobilising project and broader-business leaders where appropriate.
- Ensure alignment with the Communications & Advocacy UK business plan.
- Inform the UK social investment & sponsorship programme to best position bp as a socially responsible company
Does this sound like you?
Degree or relevant professional qualification
Broad reputation management and communications experience in a dynamic, high profile organisation or industry.
Confidence engaging external partners and advising business leaders, analysing business trends and the external landscape.
Exceptional written and verbal communication skills and an ability to convey complex information in smart, creative formats to effect real change.
Proactive, curious and courageous, willingness to experiment, learn and continuously adapt.
Able to prioritise and respond to dynamic situations
It will be helpful to have experience of the renewable energy industry and / or providing corporate affairs support in complex organisations. Media relations, issues and crisis management experience is also highly desirable as well as can provide evidence of continuous professional development through a relevant professional body.
If you have the right skills set and are excited to be part of a team of diverse and forward-thinking team, apply today!
At bp, we provide great environment & benefits such as an inclusive culture, a great work-life balance, learning and development opportunities, life & health insurance, medical care package, and many others benefits!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application and interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.