Work with bp’s Offshore Wind’s JV partner to support the project’s head of stakeholder relations and advocacy in obtaining regulatory approvals and societal support. This role anticipates non-technical risks of business activities, including political, regulatory, community and reputational, and develops best practice plans to mitigate. The incumbent will also develop local government and community engagement plans, in consultation with bp’s communication & advocacy (C&A) team.
This role reports into the the head of C&A for Eastern Asia and supports the project’s head of stakeholder relations and advocacy on a day-to-day basis.
Support head of stakeholder relations & advocacy in anticipating and meeting the needs of the Consenting team by:
- Identifying, defining and managing stakeholder needs and engagements including communities, government, political and special interest groups.
- Determining non-technical (including legislative, regulatory, reputation, political and social) risks and develop appropriate mitigations to support.
- Developing and implementing local government and community engagement plans in accordance with the shareholder agreement, and agreement with C&A Japan’s position.
- Informing the Japan social investment and sponsorship programme to best position bp as a socially responsible company.
- Acting as one of the external interfaces of the project – including direct engagement, digital channels, public point of contact etc.
- Working with C&A in relevant content creation (for e.g. community fact sheets) and leverage digital content, media, partnerships, and sponsorships etc.
- Formal qualifications constituting university degrees, examination certificates that confirm a level of educational attainment or licenses.
Membership of a technical or professional body that has confirmed an individual has reached a level of capability within a technical or professional field (usually but not necessarily obtained through examinations) or Formal certification that they can undertake specialist work or processes e.g. PMI.
- Degree or relevant professional qualification
- Stakeholder management experience (including local government, communities and special interest groups) in a dynamic, high profile organisation and related industry.
- Confident in engaging external stakeholders and advising project leaders on non-technical risks. Able to develop and deliver engagement plans to secure societal support.
- Strong written and oral communication skills in Japanese and English, with the ability to convey complex information in smart, creative formats to effect real change.
- Proactive, curious and courageous, you will be willing to experiment, learn and continuously adapt.
- Able to prioritise and respond to dynamic situations.
- Experience in the local renewable energy industry and stakeholder management in securing societal support.
- Strong negotiation and persuasion skills.
- Issues and crisis management experience desirable.