The Statutory Reporting Manager (UK) supervises a team of professionals to ensure timely and accurate preparation, review and filing of statutory accounts and tax packs for a number of UK entities full reconciliations from ledgers to statutory accounts and support corporate tax pack preparation, and reports and controls activities while ensuring adherence to policies and procedures in the drive for exceptional business partnering, operational excellence and compliance.
Education and Experience
- Oversees and manage a team which supports about 100 UK legal entities with various complexity that require a solid understanding of the nature of the legal entities’ set-up and business activities, relevant statutory reporting and audit requirements, and applicable direct tax principles, in order to execute activities effectively.
- Monitor and ensure the team’s accurate and timely delivery of statutory reporting (e.g. preparation of statutory reports, tax packs, etc.) in accordance with SLAs.
- Coordinate, facilitate and review draft statutory accounts, directors’ briefs, audit files, tax packs and quality control check lists with support from team members.
- Support the preparation of Operational Governance Board (bi-weekly) and Executive Governance Board (monthly) meeting materials
- Manage queries from Company Secretary and UK company directors
- Perform 2nd review of statutory accounts prior to submission to external auditors
- Proactively identify, propose and implement process improvement, standardisation and simplification activity within the team
- Manage relationships in matters of Statutory Reporting as appropriate with Group Accounts; Group Finance, Group Tax, Business stakeholders across the globe and external auditors from KL and UK.
- Liaise with senior stakeholders internally and externally as and when necessary.
- Able to identify accounting and auditing issues, and proactively resolve them in a timely manner. Able to constructively challenge and discuss accounting practices and transactions
- Regularly track and resolve outstanding audit and tax issues that have been escalated, or further escalate to the necessary parties.
- Support adhoc centre and group-wide projects, and manage central activities for the UK Statutory Reporting team across various locations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or related field.
- Recognised professional accounting qualification (e.g. ACCA, CPA, CIMA or MIA).
- Minimum of 12+ years of combined Big-4 public accounting and multinational corporate experience in Statutory Reporting and/or direct tax or tax accounting with strong knowledge of external financial reporting regulation, Group Reporting Manual and Group Account Policies.
- Minimum of 8 – 10 years of experience in leading, developing and coaching teams.
- Experience of reporting processes and systems within BP.
- Shared service centre experience.
- External Audit experience
- Knowledge of IFRS 9 is advantageous