Aviation's vision is to be the the energy partner of choice for sustainable aviation. We are on a journey to transform our business to become more customer centric, higher performing and to play a key role in bp's net zero ambition.
The role is responsible for supporting the strategy and business development activities working within Aviation and the wider bp.
- Strategic reviews and option development– provide analytical support incl. financial modelling to underpin strategic choices in regional or global context. Help design and facilitate strategy workshops.
- Business development and M&A – support BD (new geographic or new business offer) and M&A activities including setting up data room working with each workstream lead, reviewing contracts, and identifying any risk or opportunities. Develop financial model for projects as required.
- Competitor intelligence - execute market analysis on competitors and the industry (with CVP&E and S&S) to shape our future strategy utilising quarterly reports and other sources such as tender debriefs etc.
- Market intelligence and margin pool modelling – enhance the margin pool model using bp Economics, Demand D2050 outputs to articulate long-term aviation trends supporting new business opportunities and portfolio choices
Job Holder Requirements (Minimum education, experience & capabilities)
- Bachelor or Masters in business or science related subjects
- Experience in Aviation incl. Airport / Energy incl. Renewables / Industrial B2B
- Analytical skills – strong experience gained in operational, commercial, financial, or consulting roles.
- Systems – expertise in using tools such as Power BI, Excel, PowerPoint, EP2 etc.
- Commercial mindset – ability to triangulate the market developments and business performance to generate insights
- Investment review / assurance – experience in developing business cases and performing EEM
- Communication and presentation – good interpersonal skills and ability to present insights with simplicity. Builds networks to enhance effectiveness and share knowledge.
- Good business judgment in handling sensitive issues
- Ability to manage multiple/conflicting priorities and anticipating future situations and plans to meet them
Skills & Competencies
- Strategy development
- Commercial business development and M&A
- Project management
- Financial management