Trading & Shipping Finance
Location - Canary Wharf 3 days, home working 2 days.
Do you want to join a company whose aim is to make a real difference to the sustainability of our planet? BP is on a journey to transform our business to do just that. It won’t be straight forward and there will be challenges along the way, we are up for it, are you?
The role is part of the Global Structured Trade Finance team which facilitates BP’s trading and shipping (T&S) business growth by partnering with credit, trading and origination teams, performs risk cover and liquidity transactions as well as structures more complex deals by combining various financing and risk distribution solutions.
This is a fantastic role if you are looking to develop your skills on trade and structured trade finance. We are looking for someone to come into the team and share ideas, absorb knowledge and offer a different perspective.
You will be working in a hybrid role offering visibility and development in both the Trade Finance and Structured Trade Finance departments. Your key focus in this role will be to support the existing teams on developing solutions to boost the forward-looking growth aspirations of T&S while developing your skills on the technical part, the relationships with external partners and the discussions of suitable financing and risk mitigant structures both internally and externally.
The role draws on experience and contacts at financial institutions to provide tailored risk mitigation and liquidity management solutions tailor-made to meet specific needs of T&S.
Part of a global team, you will be able to demonstrate standard methodologies and exchange experience across T&S (regionally and cross-team) in support of commercial activities with a primary focus on Europe and Africa.
Here's what we need from you:
Would be Good to have:
- Relevant experience in trading organisation or trade finance department in banking.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills and ability to work with and build networks with multiple internal partners in order to successfully complete and handle various types of trade finance transaction coupled with a problem-solving demeanour.
- Effective communication skills.
- Microsoft Suite especially Excel, Outlook and MS Word as well as Power BI and Teams.
- Interest for new Fintech solution supporting the Trade Finance industry and ability to promote it with internal / external partner.
- Experience on Visual Basic Programming in Excel, SAP, DataIQ, Python and other programming language.
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Application - Advanced Excel Programming, Database Management (DBMS) - Access and SQL Database Design.
- Understanding of UCP 600 and ISP 98 (as a plus).
- Understanding of Letters of Credit (Documentary LC and SBLC for Import and Export), as well as bonds and guarantees and letters of indemnity.
- Understanding of Prepayments, Receivables Securitization, Receivable Discounting, Supply Chain Financing, Inventory Financing and Trade Credit Insurance.
- Good knowledge of Incoterms and transfer of title and risk for physical commodities.
- Understand basic implications of sanctions and foreign exchange on Letters of Credit.
- Good understanding of commodity price structures and final versus provisional pricing.
- Understanding of general accounting rules mainly on Debt and Non-debt treat.
- Understanding of bank regional / commodity focus and solution around core geographies.
- Advising on the most appropriate solution to be used for risk mitigation and/or working capital management.
Diversity sits at the heart of our company and as an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone's place. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender and gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.