From exploration to production, our Petroleum Engineers play a crucial role in bp’s field operation success. As a Summer Intern Petroleum Engineer, you’ll be integral to ensuring we extract hydrocarbons safely and efficiently from our global discoveries. You’ll be a vital member of our team and support the entire lifecycle of an oil or gas field, gaining exposure and experience through partnering with specialists across our business.
Petroleum Engineers are a key link between planning and operations. You’ll be adding value through performance optimization and developing well intervention requirements to maintain or improve the production of hydrocarbons throughout the life of the field. Depending on your BP location and role, you will gain broad capability, primarily through job experiences, in:
- Reservoir and Well Performance: for example, participation in the reservoir and well reviews; involvement in production forecasting or optimising water and gas injection
- System Optimization: for example in well production optimisation, sand management or artificial lift
- Well Management: for example in well performance tracking or well operations
bp has an enviable record of identifying more new reserves of oil and gas each year than we have produced. But finding oil and gas is only half the story; we’re also pushing technological boundaries to produce those resources safely and efficiently. As a Petroleum Engineer, you’ll be key to ensuring we do just that long into the future.
As part of bp, you will also be able to take part in additional activities outside of your role, whether it be supporting local community initiatives, our bp Business Resourcing Groups and you are given the encouragement and time to participate.Requirements
To apply for this role, you’ll need a 2:1 degree, or equivalent, in aerospace, chemical/process engineering, earth science, maths, mechanical engineering, petroleum engineering, physics, subsea engineering, or a master’s degree, or equivalent, in chemistry.
- Must be in penultimate year of study (those going onto a Masters and PhD students can apply)
- We would like to allow those who are penultimate year from starting work to apply so this would include those who are approaching their final year and taking a year out immediately after.
- Completing a PhD and have 9-18 months remaining until your PhD completion date
This is a UK based role.
Roles will be based at any of the following location(s): Sunbury, Aberdeen, Canary Wharf, Hull, Pangbourne or other South of England BP Offices which could include, but are not limited to: Swindon, Leatherhead, Paddington, St. James Square London and Milton Keynes.
Remember, you can only apply for ONE opportunity. If you are not sure that this is the opportunity for you, please return to our Candidate Matcher to review your other matches.
Within the education section please list all information for any degrees that you have studied or are currently studying.
At bp we have a phenomenal open and inclusive culture, a great work life balance and tremendous learning and development opportunities to craft your career path. We provide employee benefits such as life and health insurance, medical care and many others!
If you need to make any adjustments to any stage of the recruitment process, for example due to an illness, injury or a disability, please contact us on 0800 279 2088 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are calling from overseas, please dial +44 1635 584149.