The Internal Controls Advisor supports the transactional internal control needs of the business partner while ensuring adherence to policies and procedures in the drive for exceptional customer service, operational excellence and compliance.
High level of familiarity with the systems (SAP) used in order to maintain (e.g. grant or change user access) the respective systems accordingly)
Key Accountabilities :
- ASR Control Owner in ensuring the compliance agenda in relation to ERP security, access and SoD conflict management procedures
- Support ERP organizational alignment activities, process and role design standardisation in GBS, Business Process Outsourced (BPO) and business operation teams for all supported ERP systems
- Coordinate and own the ASR controls of relevant ERP systems
- Ensure all Segregation of Duties (SoD) violations from all user groups have appropriate BP finance approval of the SoD violation and have effective mitigating controls in place
- Coordinate ASR reviews and provides sign-off
- Update changes to ASR documentation that are required from a mandate (e.g. CORE change, Audit Finding, Project, etc.)
- Ensure control activities for respective business/function are being performed (including working with IT&S for application changes) and notifying the appropriate personnel if a change is required to the SoD Rule Set
- Support the development and maintenance of Risk Management processes for supported businesses
- Support internal and external audits
- Plan and lead projects involving various aspects of controls (e.g. Segregation of Duties), ensuring there is clear governance and communication between all parties
- Participate in projects (e.g. continuous improvement initiatives) to improve operations or service delivery
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or related field.
- Recognised professional accounting qualification (e.g. ACCA, CPA, CIMA).
- Minimum of 4 - 5 years of experience in finance, general and/or financial accounting with relevant internal controls experience.
- Experience in ERP (SAP) user access provisioning will be preferred.