- This position will report functionally to the Cost Specialist DL - Refining, whilst working closely with Whiting Refinery TAR Squads/Teams and Leadership to provide day to day TAR cost engineering support.
- The TAR Cost Specialist is responsible for supporting the development, monitoring, and communication of the budget, forecast and cash flow from initiation to close out.
- Responsibilities for all aspects of standard cost engineering include, but not limited to, cost controls, analyses, forecasting, cash flow, reporting, benchmarking, and interactions with mainly Turnaround and/or Projects Planning/Execution teams, Procurement and Finance.
- The TAR Cost Specialist may be simultaneously responsible for multiple TAR’s of varying phases and must balance the work activities within their portfolio of work.
- Ensure the integrity and effectiveness of cost management and management of change.
- Continuously improving the cost management strategy, plans and procedures.
- Satisfy BP requirements and the expectations of stakeholders.
- Support the preparation and implementation of the work breakdown structure (WBS); ensuring understanding of the broader scope across all project stages.
- Support the development of Turnaround estimates.
- Support the set-up of appropriate control budgets from the estimate and schedule, ensuring full understanding of estimate basis, scope, schedule, contracting strategy and execution plan.
- Support the overall additional work / change management process; ensuring it is rigorously applied to all changes and that impacts are fully assessed and incorporated into project cost forecasts, plans and budgets.
- Ensure that data collected from Turnaround execution teams is used to underpin the cost forecast assumptions, phasing and control budgets.
- Support the cost related communication plans, interfaces and the reporting system that provides the leadership team and stakeholders with timely analysis and insights for all work scope.
- Closely monitor cost performance against realistic targets to ensure that objectives and key performance indicators are met.
- Help identify risks and cost reduction opportunities and uncertainties
- Prepare final cost reports and financial closeout documentation, reconciliations, and reports
- Adhere to the principles outlined in the Project& TARs Controls governing documents.
- Relevant university degree (Engineering / Accounting etc.)
- Experience of Turnaround methodology, cost and contractor management
- Strong commitment and support to safety, risk, and business goals.
- Strong organization, teamwork, and communication skills and awareness of agile ways of working.
- Demonstrated capability to manage cost controls activities on multiple Turnarounds of various sizes and complexity.
- Proficiency using cost systems and databases, with overall good IT competency.
- High level of self-motivation, proactive, with good time management skills.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and influencing skills.
- Experience performing effectively in a multi-disciplinary, multi-cultural environment
- Use of P6 for maintaining accurate cashflows
- Knowledge of EVM
- Preferred background and experience in previous bp Turnaround
- Familiar with SAP
- Database Management
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Proficient in Power BI