The NCE event coordinator is a member of the North Sea Turnaround team and performs Non-cycle ending (NCE) work that can be completely independent from a Turnaround event or directly within a CE (cycle-ending) Turnaround event window. The NCE event coordinator provides leadership and technical expertise, often leading a small to medium sized team of contractors in planning and delivering events.
The TAR Event Coordinator plans and schedules bp and contractor resources to achieve the safe execution of North Sea events. The TAR event coordinator is part of the TAR Event Lead Discipline Team, which is responsible for managing non-cycle and cycle ending turnaround within the North Sea, but may also be deployed to other regions to support based on demand.
The team reporting to the NCE Execution coordinator is composed of planners, schedulers, and execution contractors. All work follows the BP TAR Common Process through the life cycle of the project. Similar to a TAR Event Lead (the senior role in regional TAR teams), the NCE Event Coordinator provides direction and targets for Agile work teams and is responsible for safety, schedule, cost, work quality and achieving unit performance objectives for the smaller events they are assigned.
TAR’s play a critical role in BP’s strategic portfolio. The team is expected to deliver value and savings through efficiently planned and executed events that are in line with the Region’s Area Development Plan. Often times, TAR’s are aligned with other production sheltering opportunities to further reduce production downtime in the Region.
The NCE event coordinator will be supporting the NS region, and based in Aberdeen, Scotland. The role will follow the standard 60/40 (office/home) work protocols that BP has implemented.
About the role:
In this role you will work with the TAR Event Lead or TAR Manager for Region to develop NCE TAR objectives and goals for assigned events. Some of these key objectives will include:
You will also be expected to:
- Safely develop and execute turnarounds.
- Cooperatively set and meet milestones while facilitating scope development.
- Integrate and align all TAR stakeholders - bp and contractors.
- Deliver quality events on schedule and on budget.
- Develop and provide consistent, sustainable training to achieve TAR goals.
- Transfer information and knowledge through historical documentation and recordkeeping.
About you:Essential Education & Experience:
- Coach/mentor NCE TAR Planners and work contributors across maintenance, operations, projects, and the supporting disciplines on the NCE and Turnaround objectives, goals and common process. This includes active conversations about TAR milestones and expectations around delivery from supporting functions (see stakeholder management).
- Work with key stakeholders to develop scope, plans, cost estimates and schedules for the TAR event. This would include, but not limited to, participation in constructability reviews, risk assessments, and schedule optimization exercises.
- Actively travel offshore and safely lead the execution teams during the event.
- Understand the purpose for and apply the principles and policies of Management of Change (MOC), Process Safety Management (PSM), Control of Work (CoW), Activity Integration (AI), and handover management (GoC, etc) in order to ensure personal safety and health, technical and mechanical integrity, environmental health, security of the facility, and energy isolation.
Desirable skills & Experience:
- Secondary school education with GCSEs in Maths and English. A higher education (engineering degree, etc) or technical qualification/degree may assist in the role.
- 5 -10 years of experience in petroleum or chemical Production & Operating facilities with previous TAR experience preferred.
- Ability to travel offshore (must be able to pass Physical fitness assessment and offshore required training).
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, Teams, Power BI and other digital tools
- Basic understanding of computerized maintenance management systems (SAP, Maximo etc.)
- Basic understanding of schedule development and scheduling software – Primavera (P6)
- Critical thinking and trouble shooting skills
- Ability to work as part of One Team
- Stakeholder management – ability to communicate and influence up and down the organization to achieve the desired outcome in support of TAR delivery
- Accountability – embrace full accountability for delivery of events and development of team.
- Coaching – ability to coach/mentor planner and other TAR contributors across other parts of the organization.
- Knowledge of agile ways of working and tools associated (Kanban, Sprints,etc).