We are a global energy business involved in every aspect of the energy system. We have 75,000 employees in 80 countries, working towards delivering light, heat and mobility to millions of people, every day. We are one of the very few companies equipped to solve some of the big complex challenges that matter for the future. We have a real contribution to make to the world's ambition of a low carbon future. Join us, and be part of what we can accomplish together.
In Hungary, we operate bp’s Global Business Services organization which is an integrated part of bp. Our people want to play their part in solving the big complex challenges facing our world today and, guided by our bp values, are working to help meet the world’s need for more energy while lowering carbon emissions. In our offices in Budapest and Szeged, we work in customer service, finance, accounting, procurement, HR services and other enabling functions – providing solutions across all of bp. Join our team, and develop your career in an encouraging, forward-thinking environment!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Would you like to discover how our diverse, hardworking people are leading the way in making energy cleaner and better – and how you can play your part in our world-class team? In this role You will:
Join our team and advance your career as a
We have the following requirements:
- Prepare draft returns in a timely and accurate manner,
- Carry out validations/reconciliations for countries supported
- Carry out balance sheet reconciliation (BSI) work on VAT matters
- Calculate data additions and corrections
- Prepare VAT Accounting Journal to be posted by Finance teams for indirect tax transactions/payments
- Resolve queries and issues
- Look for opportunities to improve processes to create efficiencies and control improvements
- Respond to tax audit-related questions.
At bp, we provide the following environment & benefits to you:
- Recognized accounting qualification
- 2-3 years experience in Indirect Tax accounting and reporting is an advantage
- Knowledge of an integrated accounting system
- High level of analytical skills, numeracy and financial awareness
- Fluency in English
- A flexible, motivated personality
- A company culture where we respect our diverse and unified teams, where we are proud of our achievements and where fun and the mentality of giving back to our environment are highly valued
- Possibility to join our social communities and networks
- Chill-out and collaboration spaces in a modern office environment
- Learning and other development opportunities to shape and advance your career path
- Different bonus opportunities based on performance, wide range of cafeteria elements
- Life & health insurance, medical care package
- Company laptop
- Phone for private usage
- Opportunity to work from home: up to 2 days/week based on team agreement