We are a global energy business involved in every aspect of the energy system. We have 75,000 employees in 80 countries, working towards delivering light, heat and mobility to millions of people, every day. We are one of the very few companies equipped to solve some of the big complex challenges that matter for the future. We have a real contribution to make to the world's ambition of a low carbon future. Join us, and be part of what we can accomplish together.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Would you like to discover how our diverse, hardworking people are leading the way in making energy cleaner and better – and how you can play your part in our world-class team?In this role You will:
Join our Tax Team and advance your career as a Tax Advisor (C&P)!
• To form part of diverse and international team
• To partner with wide portfolio of bp businesses to provide international tax advice over multiple jurisdictions
• Maintain key relationships with local tax authorities (mainly Portugal). Manage tax audits and where appropriate represent BP at negotiations with the fiscal and regulatory authorities in country.
• Operate effective tax risk management processes to manage key tax risks including transfer pricing, restructuring, indirect taxes and permanent establishment issues amongst others.
• Contribute to the identification, design and implementation of prioritized tax advice opportunities on local and crossborder transactions for the business / function applying program management to deliver within set timeframes
• Conduct and monitor litigation on tax matters in front of both Administrative Courts and judicial Courts
• Lead, participate and engage project teams where appropriate
• Coach and develop the team members on the tax technical and commercial understanding of the business
• Engage with senior stakeholders to determine portfolio priorities We have the following requirements:
• A degree in law and/or Economics
• Strong experience 6/8+ years in Tax Advisory roles e.g.: external advisor position within a leading Tax and/or Accounting law firm or as an internal advisor in a big multinational organization
• Strong communication skills and the ability to influence without direct authority
• Solid accounting and finance knowledge
• Languages: High level of English, Portuguese and Spanish is mandatory
o A post graduate degree in a reputable business school would be valuable
o Experience in tax digitalization. Digital tax projects (SAFT). Knowledge of SAP systems as user
o Experience in working in an international environment and in working using “agile” methodologiesAt bp, we provide the following environment & benefits to you:
• A company culture where we respect our diverse and unified teams, where we are proud of our achievements and where fun and the attitude of giving back to our environment are highly valued
• Possibility to join our social communities and network