Responsible for partnering with the business / corporate function / or within the Tax Function to provide either compliance services, tax reporting services or domestic and multi-jurisdictional tax advice (dependent on specialism), to help optimise BP's tax position and effectively manage any potential tax risks.
Do you want to join a company whose aim is to make a real difference to the sustainability of our planet? BP is on a journey to transform our business to do just that. It won’t be straight forward and there will be challenges along the way, we are up for it, are you?
You will work as part of bp’s global tax operations team! Support the team to ensure bp meets direct tax compliance obligations in a multitude of countries (excluding the Americas).
Work with the wider tax operations team members to review tax computations and filings prepared by third party service providers in relation to direct tax compliance. As well as work with internal bp finance and global business service centre teams to ensure timely and accurate data is provided to enable an efficient direct tax compliance process.
What makes this role exciting?
The role provides exposure to a broad range of direct tax issues across various tax jurisdictions, including being accountable for reviewing and filing corporate income tax returns in some of bp’s largest territories. As part of a global tax operations team, the role also offers the opportunity to share and leverage the best compliance practice around the world and support and engage in global efficiency initiatives.
The role also offers an opportunity to work with the wider bp tax function to support responses to tax authority enquiries as well as build strong relationships with our finance and global business services teams to ensure timely provision of data required to meet our compliance obligations.
bp is a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are proud of our fairness, equal opportunity and meritocracy which allow our employees to reach their full potential.
Education and Skills
- Working with a third-party service provider and bp local tax teams to file accurate and timely corporate income tax returns for bp’s legal entities in various territories across bp’s global portfolio with a focus on the Asia Pacific region
- Being the point of contact for tax authority audit queries in the above territories.
- Support advocacy in relation to direct tax issues
- Experience of direct tax compliance for a large group (preferably with regional and/or international tax operations) either in-house for on behalf of a client from an advisory firm
- Working with third party providers to lead tax compliance in overseas territories
- Degree qualified or equivalent experience
- ACA/ATII/CTA/HMRC (FT) or equivalent
- Strong tax technical skills and an excellent working knowledge across a broad range of tax issues
- Experience with direct tax compliance in overseas territories and working with remote tax teams and big four compliance delivery teams
- Financial accounting skills/knowledge a plus
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good business awareness and a proven understanding of direct taxation and compliance processes
- Great teammate who embraces change and commitment to the job and overall team success
- Team player who can work independently with minimal supervision as part of a global tax team while also building and maintaining relationships and networks both within and outside tax
- Proven track record of being able to learn and grow in role, proven ability to manage and lead the effective delivery of multiple work streams, working autonomously or with limited guidance to meet deadlines
Diversity sits at the heart of our company and as an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone's place. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender and gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application and interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.