The tax deployment & solutions advisor will be a key member of the tax technology, data, and digitization team. The mission of the team is to enable tax to continuously adapt to a changing business landscape by improving data integrity, simplifying processes, and accelerating technology solutions. This team works closely with I&E, GBS, and other members of the tax function to develop, deploy, and support various solutions that impact tax within the group.
The role will provide unique access to other bp functions and senior leaders at a time when the organization is investing heavily in modernization, thus providing ample opportunity to develop networks and stakeholder management skills. In addition, our focus on data integrity, accessibility and insights to address regulatory pressures from around the world means the incumbent will rapidly be exposed to the needs of the future finance and tax professional.
This is an exciting opportunity for a tax deployment & solutions Advisor to join our team!
The goal is to enable tax to continuously adapt to a changing business landscape by improving data integrity, simplifying processes, and accelerating technology solutions. Taking a collaborative approach with other areas of the business such as I&E, GBS, and other members of the tax function to build, deploy, and support various solutions that impact tax within the group!
You will be the focal point for tax technology solutions and projects related to BP’s core transactional systems (predominantly SAP). In addition, this role will support the roll-out of standardised ‘Digital Tax Compliance’ solutions to enable BP to adhere to obligations imposed by Tax Authorities in relation to real-time reporting, e-invoicing and Standard Audit file submissions. Working in coordination with the other tax technology, data, and digitisation team members on global initiatives that benefit group tax.
- Act as Tax Lead on relevant Business Transformation and License to Operate projects, this will be in relation to the deployment of SAP (ECC and/or HANA)
- Support deployment of ‘Digital Tax Compliance’ solutions across Business Groups in countries that are introduced new Tax Digitisation regimes such as real-time invoice reporting, e-invoicing and Standard Audit File for Tax (SAF-T) obligations
- Mentor and develop team members ensuring a cohesive and effective management of resource across projects and support / maintenance process for systems in Production environments
- Build the modernisation strategy and its priorities, working collaboratively with tax leaders in the globally to drive modernisation and the management of risk
- Lead cultural and behavioural change across teams and their key business partners to ensure a collective approach to optimising our data and activities
- Work on other tax projects as and when required
- Proven experience of tax fields including indirect tax, transfer pricing, withholding tax, corporate tax etc.
- Significant knowledge and experience working in SAP specifically FI, SD, MM in tax determination, master data and associated compliance processes
- Solid understanding of accounting and financial reporting processes
- Working knowledge of tax technology applications including indirect tax determination engines, tax digitisation solutions and compliance solutions
- Knowledge of Power Apps / Power BI / Power Query or equivalent technologies either as a user or in connection with system deployments
- Good communication (both written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Ability to influence to ensure alignment with leadership or governance for a change project
- Strong program / project management skills, ability to balance multiple competing priorities and consistently meet deadlines
- Sensitivity to diverse needs and skills in achieving the best from our teams in a matrix organisation structure
- Knowledge of compliance process and risk management across indirect tax, direct tax, and relevant financial fields
- Educated to a degree level with additional qualification or equivalent professional experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job. Application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodations.