The Indirect Tax (GST/VAT) Senior Executive provides support and assistance to the Indirect Tax team in delivering global indirect tax compliance reporting, audit support and compliance risk management services to BP businesses, while ensuring adherence to BP policies and procedures and meeting high operational service standards.
- Assist in the preparation and submission of periodic (monthly/quarterly) GST/VAT returns and any associated indirect tax reporting requirements to tax authorities.
- Perform extraction of monthly GST/VAT reports from ERP systems, data validation, GL reconciliations, tax clearing and tax payments as necessary.
- Assist in liaising with tax authorities in various jurisdictions and preparing responses to audit requests.
- Timely communication with internal stakeholders in BP Group Functions and BP Businesses both in verbal and written forms. Meet BP standards for business communication.
- Meet target timeliness and quality criteria for indirect tax compliance and assist with the preparation of monthly KPI reporting.
- Contribute to continuous improvement initiatives and operational projects being undertaken in the indirect tax team.
Note: The list of expectation in JDs is not exhaustive and will be updated according to business requirement.Education & Experience:
Essential experience and job requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce, Finance, Accounting or related field. A tax specialization or professional / industry qualification in tax is advantageous.
- Minimum 2 years to 3 years (ideally) of experience in any of the following roles in public practice/large corporates/MNC shared service centres:
- Indirect Tax (GST/VAT/SST/WHT) compliance or advisory
- Corporate tax compliance or advisory
- Internal or external Audit
- Finance / accounting roles involving tax compliance as part of overall accountabilities
- Good communication skills (both written and verbal) with a high degree of proficiency in English
- Good technical / analytical skills along with financial and commercial awareness.
- Project management skills and/or experience;
- Digital skills or experience with tax technology platforms and/or data analytics (e.g. iVAT by Avalara, Microsoft Office 365 tools, Power BI, Tableau, SalesForce etc);
- Finance Transformation / Tax Transformation experience or involvement in these projects.