We are a global energy business involved in every aspect of the energy system. We have 75,000 employees in 80 countries, working towards delivering light, heat and mobility to millions of people, every day. We are one of the very few companies equipped to solve some of the big complex challenges that matter for the future. We have a real contribution to make to the world's ambition of a low carbon future. Join us, and be part of what we can accomplish together.
In Hungary, we operate bp’s Global Business Services organization which is an integrated part of bp. Our people want to play their part in solving the big complex challenges facing our world today and, guided by our bp values, are working to help meet the world’s need for more energy while lowering carbon emissions. In our offices in Budapest and Szeged, we work in customer service, finance, accounting, procurement, HR services and other enabling functions – providing solutions across all of bp. Join our team, and develop your career in an encouraging, forward-thinking environment!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Would you like to discover how our diverse, hardworking people are leading the way in making energy cleaner and better – and how you can play your part in our world-class team?
Join our Indirect Tax Team and advance your career as a Senior Tax Accountant!
In this role You will:
We have the following requirements:
- Coach and develop members of the team and coordinate team activities,
- Manage returns to be prepared in a timely and accurate manner in addition to preparing own returns,
- Review draft returns prepared by more junior team members and provide guidance, support to them,
- Carry out validations / reconciliations for countries supported,
- Calculate data additions and corrections,
- Resolve queries and issues as they arise,
- Represent the Tax Team both to internal and external stakeholders,
- Work to be carried out in accordance with the timetables,
- Look for opportunities to improve the team’s processes,
- Manage tax audits from a receiving end.
At bp, we provide the following environment & benefits to you:
- Relevant degree
- 3-4 years proven experience in the field of Indirect Tax Accounting, reporting is an advantage,
- Knowledge of an integrated accounting system,
- High level of analytical skills, numeracy and financial awareness,
- Proficiency in English,
- Flexible, motivated personality.
- A company culture where we respect our diverse and unified teams, where we are proud of our achievements and where fun and the mentality of giving back to our environment are highly valued
- Possibility to join our social communities and networks
- Chill-out and collaboration spaces in a modern office environment
- Learning and other development opportunities to shape and advance your career path
- Different bonus opportunities based on performance, wide range of cafeteria elements
- Life & health insurance, medical care package
- Company laptop
- Phone for private usage
- Opportunity to work from home: up to 2 days / week based on team agreement