We seek an experienced leader and tax specialist to lead the GBS ANZ Tax & Compliance team. Global Business Services (GBS) is a transformation engine for bp that delivers incremental business value, improvement and differentiated customer experience. In this role the team you lead will provide quality direct and indirect tax services to the bp Australasia businesses and function. This role will also lead bp’s statutory compliance and group reporting obligations relating to indirect and direct tax, as well as providing process advisory services and tailored compliance assurance solutions to bp.
A little more about the role
As a senior leader you will be part of the wider Finance leadership teams, and the line manager for 5 team members. You will also ensure compliance with relevant local tax legislations as well as with related accounting standards and processes within the BP Group / ANZ. Your key accountabilities include:
- Manage quarterly tax calculations and reporting
- Ensure timely, efficient and accurate delivery of statutory compliance in accordance with federal and state legislation covering both indirect and direct taxes
- Act as a liaison for BP/GBS with federal and state tax authorities including the ATO
- Ensure effective compliance programs are in place for key tax and compliance risk areas
- Assurance for key process controls in accordance with SOX & BSA requirements
- Work side-by-side with the bp business and tax function to identify and implement efficiencies in tax processes & drive performance improvement.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with our BPO Partner
- Leading and mentoring the team, crafting an encouraging environment for the team to grow and build capability
- Being part of cross-organisational projects
First and foremost, you have strong technical taxation and accounting skills. You have also successfully led a team of Finance or Tax professionals and want to continue to lead and manage people.
You also have:
- Demonstrated track record in tax-based accounting and in managing financial & transactional compliance activities
- Indirect tax experience in a compliance environment
- Big-4 or Mid Tier experience advantageous
- Commercial nous
- Excellent communication skills and ability to establish strong working relationships
- Degree qualified in relevant financial discipline and a member of either CPA/CA/TIAA
Ideally you would have an appreciation of how technology is optimised in data processing and automations of complex functions. What we offer in return
- Opportunities to pursue your career and leadership aspirations in the direction you want as part of a global organisation
- Generous salary package including annual bonus program, share offers & fuel discounts
- Flexible working arrangements
- Up to 18 weeks paid parental leave or 4 weeks paid partners/paternity leave.
BP Australia acknowledges Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples as Australia’s First people. We are committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people for this role and all other current vacancies
Please be aware all bp ANZ employees must be a citizen/permanent resident of either AU or NZ