We are a global energy business involved in every aspect of the energy system. We have 60,000 employees in 80 countries, working towards delivering light, heat and mobility to millions of people, every day. We are one of the very few companies equipped to solve some of the big complex challenges that matter for the future. We have a real contribution to make to the world's ambition of a low carbon future. Join us, and be part of what we can accomplish together.
In Hungary, we operate bp’s Global Business Services organization which is an integrated part of bp. Our people want to play their part in solving the big complex challenges facing our world today and, guided by our bp values, are working to help meet the world’s need for more energy while lowering carbon emissions. In our offices in Budapest and Szeged, we work in customer service, finance, accounting, procurement, HR services and other enabling functions – providing solutions across all of bp. Join our team, and develop your career in an encouraging, forward-thinking environment!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Would you like to discover how our diverse, hardworking people are owning the way in making energy cleaner and better – and how you can play your part in our extraordinary team?In this role you will:
Join our Team and advance your career as an
Tax Subject Matter Expert!
We have the following requirements:
- Coordinate the timely delivery of the specific market resident groups and standalone companies Indirect Tax reports
- Prepare consolidated VAT returns for Groups and standalone companies
- Carry out trend analyses on a periodical basis
- Carry out balance sheet reconciliation (BSI) work on VAT matters for businesses/countries supported
- Calculate data additions and corrections
- Resolve queries and issues as they arise
- Look for opportunities to improve their own processes to create efficiencies and control improvements with their own area of work
- Respond to tax audit-related questions
At bp, we provide the following environment & benefits to you:
- Relevant degree and at least 5 years of experience in the field of indirect taxation
- Proficiency in English
- Knowledge of an integrated accounting system (SAP preferably) is an advantage
- Intermediate level of Excel skills
- Good level of analytical skills, numeracy and good financial understanding
- Self-confident appearance in relation to the internal contacts
- Strong communication and cooperation skills
bp Hungary won the Most Attractive Employer 2021 Award, based on the PwC annual research. Come and join us!
- A company culture where we respect our diverse and unified teams, where we are proud of our achievements and where fun and the attitude of giving back to our environment are highly valued
- Possibility to join our social communities and networks
- Chill-out and collaboration spaces in a stylish office environment
- Learning opportunities, other development opportunities to craft your career path
- Different bonus opportunities based on performance, wide range of cafeteria elements
- Life & health insurance, medical care package
- Phone for private usage
- Opportunity to work from home: up to 2 days/week based on team agreement