We are a global energy business involved in every aspect of the energy system. We are working towards delivering light, heat and mobility to millions of people, every day. We are one of the very few companies equipped to solve some of the big complex challenges that matter for the future. We have a real contribution to make to the world's ambition of a low carbon future. Join us, and be part of what we can accomplish together. You can participate in our new ambition to become a net zero company by 2050 or sooner, and to help the world get to net zero.
In Hungary, we operate bp’s Global Business Services organization which is an integrated part of bp. Our people want to play their part in solving the big complex challenges facing our world today and, guided by our bp values, are working to help meet the world’s need for more energy while lowering carbon emissions. In our offices in Budapest and Szeged, we work in customer service, finance, accounting, procurement, HR services and other enabling functions – providing solutions across all of bp. Join our team, and develop your career in an encouraging, forward-thinking environment!
Would you like to discover how our diverse, hardworking people are leading the way in making energy cleaner and better – and how you can play your part in our world-class team?In this role You will:
Join our Finance Team and advance your career as a
What You will need to be successful:
- Act as a contributor from the GBS Tax Superuser Team in the operated SAP’s development programs as a member of the Tax Process area to ensure delivery of tax solutions and organisational change process
- Handle conflicting priorities between several projects and queries with the help of the Team Lead or fellow colleagues
- Take part in project development discussions and help analyse system setup and build impact assessments
- Use a sophisticated level of SAP knowledge to ensure system integrity when proposing design solutions to the Tax, Senior Group Operation Advisor and Change Manager
- Manage the allocated portfolio’s VAT condition tables and the integrity of the VAT design of the operated SAP system
- Works with users (Tax and non-Tax) to identify risks/issues and mitigation plans to identify the problem prior to a formal IT&S ticket being raised
- Assess the changes and, if necessary, raises a Change Request, for example for new tax codes or new design configuration, when business or Tax identifies a change needed in the SAP system
- Make changes to the SAP tax models by updating rates, end dating and creating new VAT condition records or Excise Duty rules, etc.
At bp, we provide the following environment & benefits to you:
- Relevant degree and proven track record in related to indirect tax accounting and reporting
- A good understanding of taxation across all aspects of indirect taxes (VAT, Excise Duties)
- Proficiency in English
- Intermediate level of Excel skills
- Knowledge of an integrated accounting system (preferably SAP)
- Experience in being part of defining and delivering technology projects would be an advantage
- A demonstrable ability to navigate through the technology landscape and language
- Good coordination and interpersonal skills
bp Hungary won the Most Attractive Employer 2021 Award, based on the PwC annual research. Come and join us!
- Different bonus opportunities based on performance, wide range of cafeteria elements
- Life & health insurance, medical care package
- Flexible working schedule: home office up to 2 days/week, based on team agreement
- Opportunity to build up long term career path and develop your skills with wide range of learning options
- Family-friendly workplace e.g.: Extended paternity leave, Mother-baby room
- Employees’ well-being programs e.g.: Employee Assistance Program, Company Recognition Program
- Possibility to join our social communities and networks
- Chill-out and collaboration spaces in our beautiful Budapest Agora and Szeged offices e.g.: Play Zones, Office massage, Sports and music equipment
- Assets like phone for private usage and company laptop are provided from the first day of employment with other equipment if requested