We are a global energy business involved in every aspect of the energy system. We have 60,000 employees in 80 countries, working towards delivering light, heat and mobility to millions of people, every day. We are one of the very few companies equipped to solve some of the big complex challenges that matter for the future. We have a real contribution to make to the world's ambition of a low carbon future. Join us, and be part of what we can accomplish together.
In Hungary, we operate bp’s Global Business Services organization which is an integrated part of bp. Our people want to play their part in solving the big complex challenges facing our world today and, guided by our bp values, are working to help meet the world’s need for more energy while lowering carbon emissions. In our offices in Budapest and Szeged, we work in customer service, finance, accounting, procurement, HR services and other enabling functions – providing solutions across all of bp. Join our team, and develop your career in an encouraging, forward-thinking environment!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Would you like to discover how our diverse, hardworking people are leading the way in making energy cleaner and better – and how you can play your part in our world-class team?In this role You will:
Join our Indirect Tax Team and advance your career as a
Tax SuperUser Subject Matter Expert!
We have the following requirements:
- Actively work in the Global SAP Deployment programme as a member of the Tax Process area to ensure delivery of tax solutions and Change the Management process
- Be undertaking to test the solution and presenting the results to project and local tax stakeholders
- Work with users (tax and non-Tax) if there are any issues with transactions or reports to identify the problem prior to a formal IT&S ticket being raised
- Impact assesses the changes and, if necessary, raises a Change Request
- Coach and develop members of the team and coordinate team activities
- Manage returns to be prepared in a timely and accurate manner
- Review draft returns prepared by more junior team members and provide guidance and support to them
- Carry out validations/reconciliations for countries supported
- Resolve queries and issues as they arise
- Look for opportunities to improve the team's processes
- Manage tax audits from a receiving end
At bp, we provide the following environment & benefits to you:
- Recognized accounting qualifications
- 5+ years of experience in Indirect Tax accounting
- Knowledge of an integrated accounting system (preferably SAP)
- High level of analytical skills, numeracy and financial awareness
- Fluency in English
- Additional European language is an advantage
- A flexible, motivated personality
bp Hungary won the Most Attractive Employer 2021 Award, based on the PwC annual research. Come and join us!
- A company culture where we respect our diverse and unified teams, where we are proud of our achievements and where fun and the attitude of giving back to our environment are highly valued
- Possibility to join our social communities and networks
- Chill-out and collaboration spaces in a stylish office environment
- Learning opportunities, other development opportunities to craft your career path
- Different bonus opportunities based on performance, wide range of cafeteria elements
- Life & health insurance, medical care package
- Company laptop
- Phone for private usage
- Opportunity to work from home: up to 2 days/week based on team agreement