Grade IResponsible for providing basic technical advice and support regarding BP/Castrol products and their application based on developing technical knowledge, helping to resolve specific technical problems and assisting with the provision of technical training to internal staff and external customers where required, in order to improve overall customer satisfaction. The scope of the role will influence the grade – this can include financial accountability, geographical scope, leadership responsibilities and overall level of responsibility.
As part of bp, Castrol lubricants is widely acknowledged as the world’s leading specialist provider of lubricant solutions. Although best known for our expertise in developing lubricants for cars and bikes, we also produce lubricants that directly affect our daily lives in other, less noticeable ways such as in gas and electricity production, transport industries, construction and earth moving vehicles and not forgetting lubricants for the marine sector and for industry in general.
Would you like to discover how our diverse, hardworking people are leading the way in making energy cleaner and better – and how you can play your part in our world-class team?
Join us and advance your career as a
Technical Service Engineer (Marine) Benelux
The Technical Service Engineer plans, organizes and delivers differentiated level of technical service to customers and target prospects consistent with the Global Marine & Energy (GME) technical offer and in support of sector strategies.
Join us and make a difference by:
- Consultant to Castrol’s high value customers as the one stop shop for their complex lubricant questions and applications needs.
- Coordinate the activities of a technical services team, under the guidance of the Area Technical Services Manager, in order to effectively deliver a differentiated level of technical service to our customers.
- Support the technical and sales teams to demonstrate measurable value delivered through our products & technical services
- Build skillful knowledge of the relevant Technical services offers.
In this role You will:
- Prepare and maintain up to date a Schedule of recommended lubricants for customer assets. Make appropriate recommendations regarding the use of products in vessel’s applications aligned with Marine and Energy Technical Databases.
- Responding to customers’ (and sales/customer service) technical queries on product, application, operational conditions and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Conduct basic technical troubleshooting. (in close co-operation with Product Managers) and make appropriate recommendations.
- Administer a central used oil analysis program for required assets and utilize the data to create recommendations directly with customer and account manager.
- Establish and maintain strong technical relationships with customers, key regional OEMs, and stakeholders within the wider BP group and the Lubricants organization.
- Clearly demonstrate the differentiated value of our offers (products and services) to customers and target prospects.
- Coordinating and conducting visit within our HSSE guidelines and after appropriate training to ships and yards for inspection, lubrication surveys, change-over visits.
We have the following requirements:
- Diploma/Tertiary Technical Qualification in Engineering, machinery maintenance, plant & asset reliability, or adjacent field with relevant experience
- A minimum of 3 years of sailing experience as a Class 2 Engineer and above or equivalent experience build in the Shipping or Oil & Gas industry of vessel operations and technologies used.
- Condition based maintenance experience is beneficial
- Fluent English (must) and Dutch language knowledge desirable
- A self-starting personality, strong communication and (after)sales skills are very important in this role
- Ability to develop, maintain and build new relationships with customers, OEMs and Industry bodies
- Leverages resources and own networks to achieve goals and objectives
- Understanding of shipping, oil & gas market and global dynamics, trends, regulatory environment desirable
- Driving license (lease car is provided) to visit and service your customers on site
- Proven abilities of dealing with and influencing multiple internal and external stakeholders both within and outside the organization is essential for success in this role.