Location: Pangbourne Technology Centre, Reading. bp is now operating a new hybrid working solution for office-based employees, with a split between remote and office working.
Closing Date: 19th October 2021
Relocation Available: No
The Global Marine & Energy Technology Deployment (GME TD) Technologist liaises with Product Development, Global Marketing, Global Supply Chain (GSC), Technical Service and Engineering (TSE), Procurement, and other related functions to deploy new products and geographic extensions.
The role holder may be required to focus on a specific product area to develop experience and expertise but all role holders should expect to cover different product areas depending on priorities and workload demands.
Crucial Experience and Education
- Lead the technology deployment of new products by working with Product Development, Global Marketing, global and regional Supply Chain, Procurement, and other related functions to plan projects with launches into markets.
- Provide input to Product Development throughout the programme and keep stakeholders updated on product development progress
- With support from the program manager or team leader, work with Marketing, Legal and local Technical Support and Deployment to ensure that claims are relevant, valid and substantiated for local law, produce master Product Data Sheets in line with Product Development and Marketing guidance
- Support technical communications for new product launches, creating technical materials to help GME teams to deliver technical benefits /support launches in an impactful way to customers
- Provide technical support to manufacturing plants, advise on quality requirements of plant formulations, assist with quality waivers, support with manufacturing/scale up issues
- Support OEM liaison and supplier customer and supplier discussions
- Hands-on lab operations may be required from time to time.
- Degree or equivalent in Chemistry, Engineering or related technical discipline
- Experience of lab operations and working with chemicals with strong HSE mindset
- Experience of formulation development, modifications and technology deployment
- Experience or willing to learn technical details in marine and energy areas, including marine vessel operations and/or subsea operations
- Demonstrated good interpersonal and communication skills and experience of working with diverse cultures
- Strong project management experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Flexible working arrangements will be considered.