The Technologist Metalworking Fluids develops technically sophisticated differentiated first class Metalworking fluids for the global market according to our growth ambitions and market needs. The projects are initiated, prioritized and autonomously lead in conjunction with the development team manager. The Technologist is also responsible for formulation support activities related to Metalworking Fluids notably (but not only) for Asia-Pacific and has close contacts with the wider Technology Deployment organization in Asia-Pacific. Contributes with innovative ideas to improve our product portfolio
- Deliver ideas for innovative products and technologies, in line with global strategy and future trends and opportunities. Build knowledge concerning applications / processes and their influences on chemistries within Industrial, Energy and Marine Ancillaries products including competitors' products used in similar environments
- Project manage global innovation programs with regular stakeholder reviews and updates. Plan resources to ensure efficient delivery of projects : on time, in budget. Provide support for longer term research programs. Responsible for the execution, documentation and reporting of development projects
- Support customers and the departments Sales, Marketing, Procurement and regional technology teams with expert knowledge. Support knowledge management within the group
- Provide good quality documentation of results and share with the greater Technology Community. Monitor project progress against proposed plans and milestones. Monitor project resources, budget and external spend
- Responsible for the representation of projects outside of own department, e.g. Sales, Marketing, Procurement and Regional Teams. Provide guidance of Development Technologists and Technicians. Support, coach and mentor members of the team to improve their overall capability and performance
- Degree or equivalent in Chemistry, Engineering or related technical discipline.
- 3 - 7 years’ relevant experience in the Metalworking Fluids Industry
- Good knowledge of all relevant test methods and can modify existing formulations and develop new ones according to project requirements
- Fluent written and spoken English
Responsible for providing product deployment and support activities, using basic technical capabilities to manage delivery of new and differentiated technology to market via new product launches, providing quality assurance and delivering best-in-class technical support/advice to functions and customers in support of delivering the technology agenda for the business/function.