Responsible for providing product deployment and support activities, using basic technical capabilities to manage delivery of new and differentiated technology to market via new product launches, providing quality assurance and delivering best-in-class technical support/advice to functions and customers in support of delivering the technology agenda for the business/function.
• Lead projects to support resolution of customer issues, deployment and launch of new products, new business opportunities (including technical input to tenders), engaging with cross functional stakeholders. Support resolution of local RM shortages, IMTs and quality incidents.
• Support CLT Technologist tag to understand and advise on technology requirements of CLT and provide technical advocacy.
• Deliver technical support to customers to resolve issues, including laboratory work/analysis, interpretation of analytical data, delivery of reports and routine commenting.
• Provide product and application advice and support with training to technical network/sales technical staff to defend existing business and prospecting new customers.
• Provide input to new product development projects, support and monitor proof of performance/customer approval tests, identify suitable finished goods for purchase.
• Provide leadership on the integrity and management of technical data. Support CLT Technologist tag to ensure that claims are relevant, valid and substantiated for local law and in line with Product Development /Applications, Testing & Claims, and Marketing guidance.
• Support the CLT technologist tag to deliver the technical communications for new product launches using global materials, adapting where necessary or creating materials to meet local customers requirements, ensuring that the technical benefits land in an impactful way in the CLTs/with customers.
• Maintain technical knowledge of products, applications and competitor information as applicable to responsibilities.
Degree or equivalent in Chemistry, Engineering or related technical discipline.
Good project management experience
Demonstrated fundamental skills in problem analysis, experiment design, data processing and reporting.
Proven broad experience of technical development and technology deployment especially the capabilities of developing an idea to a solution.
Broad knowledge of lubricant science and technology with deep insight to the application scenarios.
Wide connections with industrial partners including companies, institutes and researchers.
Demonstrated strong interpersonal and communication skills and experience of working across teams.
Strong capabilities of international and interculture communication in written and oral practices.
Industrial TD technologists take the mission of delivering integrated solutions and added values to internal/external customers in a safe, reliable, and efficient way with their rich experiences in applied technologies and strong expertise of products and services for lubricant engineering industries.
Industrial TD technologists will take various responsibilities as an important part of bp local technical platform and global technology community where bp core competence in technology are established and developed to satisfy customers demands at present and in the future.
Technologists will support industrial lubricants business growth and technology evolution by playing major or supportive roles in technology insights, expertise opinions input, products verification, technical service, and project management.
Technologist will dedicate their insights to innovation and engineering programs by identifying bp technical competence, strategy, and roadmap to support research and development of innovative products and solutions to lubricant emerging market.
The role holder may be required to focus on a specific product area to develop experience and expertise but may also be required to cover different product areas depending on priorities and workload demands.