Innovation & Engineering
Job Family Group:
Research & Technology Group
Responsible for supporting research activities through the initiation, planning and delivery of research projects and experimental programmes, using basic technical capabilities to define work plans, develop and validate models, utilise stakeholder feedback and analyse and modify testing activities to support BP group operations and develop new technology options for business renewal.
- The Technologist in the Technology Deployment team will implement and participate in technology projects that support sustainable business growth. As part of a high-profile team the role holder will gain exposure to the processes involved in technical development and will need to network both internally and externally to make sure that the deliveries meet the requirements of key customers and partners. The role holder will work under expert guidance to deliver projects and will develop and share expertise through the broader team.
- The role holder is expected to have proficiency in a number of core technology deployment skills whilst seeking to broaden their capability in other areas.
- Execute and deliver a range of technology deployment projects (new product introduction, customer requests, field trial, …) to ensure customer satisfaction and new products can be introduced to market efficiently.
- Support manufacturing, logistics, supply chain on product waivers, material substitution, new product introduction, specification changes etc.
- Build effective network with both subject matter experts and operational staff with different functions (supply chain, marketing, sales) to facilitate the delivery of programmes.
- Support the China-for-China localization program and contribute to COGS saving and resilience.
- Support and drive the RRBO and circularity program and provide technology opinions to the project team. Develop knowledge in sustainability and supervise the industry development in this space.
- Degree or equivalent in chemistry, engineering or related technical field
- Demonstrate track record in delivering projects focused on technology deployment or product development
- Demonstrate a collaborative approach to working with various stakeholders, both internally and externally
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal and communication skills
- English – fluent in both oral and written communications
- Demonstrated experience in lubricants, additives or automotive/manufacturing industries would be advantageous
- Knowledge and experience in sustainability
- Proven ability in conducting both desktop and market research using all possible means to develop knowledge and insight in a new space
Why join us?
- At bp, we support our people to learn and grow in a diverse and challenging environment. We believe that our team is strengthened by diversity. We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment in which everyone is respected and treated fairly. There are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are meaningful, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life! These benefits can include flexible working options, paid parental leave policy among others!
- We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Up to 25% travel should be expected with this role
This role is eligible for relocation within country
This position is not available for remote working
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, socioeconomic status, neurodiversity/neurocognitive functioning, veteran status or disability status. Individuals with disabilities may request a reasonable accommodation related to bp’s recruiting process (e.g., accessing the job application, completing required assessments, participating in telephone screenings or interviews, etc.). If you would like to request an accommodation related to the recruitment process, please contact us to request accommodations.
If you are selected for a position and depending upon your role, your employment may be contingent upon adherence to local policy. This may include pre-placement drug screening, medical review of physical fitness for the role, and background checks.