At bp, we have only one thing in mind: the energy of tomorrow. We want to rethink energy so that we are climate-neutral by 2050 at the latest. We are rethinking energy and relying on the expertise and passion of our approximately 70,000 employees worldwide, 4,600 of them in Germany. With the products and services of our bp, Aral and Castrol brands, they ensure energy and mobility for millions of people every day – today and in the future.
The purpose of the role is to develop technically sophisticated differentiated first-class products for the global market according to our growth ambitions and market needs. The product development projects are initiated, prioritized and autonomously lead in cooperation with Expert Technologist, Senior Technologist, Lead Technologist and Expert Team Leader of the relevant platform. The formulation modification projects are initiated, prioritized and autonomously lead. The role contributes with innovative ideas to improve our product portfolio.
- Deliver ideas for innovative products and technologies, in line with global strategy and future trends and opportunities.
- Develop strategic technical relationships with OEMs, Key Additive Suppliers, Industrial Associations and Universities to enable access to novel, leading edge additive technologies and processes
- Manage global innovation programs with regular stakeholder reviews and updates
- Responsible for the execution, documentation and reporting of development projects and modification projects
- Provide good quality documentation of results and share with the greater Technology Community
- Monitor project progress against proposed plans and milestones as well as project resources, budget and external spend
- Responsible for the representation of projects outside of own department, e.g. Sales, Marketing, Procurement and Regional Teams
- Support customers and the departments Sales, Marketing, Procurement and regional technology teams with expert knowledge
- Work in scientific expert committees
- Adhere to HSSE and QM standards
This is what you can expect:
- Degree or higher in Chemistry, Engineering or other relevant subject
- Working experience in the Additive, Lubricant or Related Industry
- Experience in Industrial Metal Working Fluids, Energy Subsea Fluids, and/or Oil-based or Grease formulations and applications beneficial
- Good knowledge of all relevant test methods
- Ability to modify existing formulations on his/her own and develop new ones with support from more senior roles, according to project requirements
- Fluency in English (both written and spoken), German language skills would be a plus
- Ability to work cross-functionally, interact at most senior levels, internally and externally
- Strong analytical skills combined with willingness to learn
We live equal opportunities and value diversity. We emphasize that all people - regardless of gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion/belief, disability, age and sexual orientation - are equally welcome.
- bp stands for agile working in a digitized, team-oriented and international working environment
- Flexible and mobile working as well as 30 days of leave
- Attractive remuneration package (company pension scheme, bonus and share programme, Aral fuel card, group accident insurance, various special benefits)
- International career and development opportunities as well as extensive internal and external training opportunities
- Subsidized canteen and free hot drinks and water
- Commitment to society: bp doubles the donations made privately by employees to non-profit organizations and rewards voluntary time commitment.
- Employees can offset their personal CO2 footprint, bp doubles this amount
- Programs to improve work-life balance