Location: Europe homebased
At bp, we have only one thing in mind: the energy of tomorrow. We want to rethink energy so that we are climate-neutral by 2050 at the latest. We are rethinking energy and relying on the expertise and passion of our approximately 70,000 employees worldwide, 4,600 of them in Germany. With the products and services of our bp, Aral and Castrol brands, they ensure energy and mobility for millions of people every day – today and in the future.
The purpose of this new, exciting role is to lead bp’s tolls and on road services business including management of the service provider Trafineo (75% owned JV). The role is created to expand bp’s offering in tolls and on road services across Europe, as well as deliver best in class customer experience solutions in integrated fuel and end to end fleet management services. The current portfolio consists of EETS (European Electronic Tolling Service) boxes, local toll solutions, payments for tunnels and bridges, excise duty (VAT Services), truck wash and parking.
Success in this role will be through strong commercial acumen, communication and leadership skills with internal and external parties i.e. customers, service providers. Having the focus on offer development, delivery and customer experience as well as being disciplined around prioritization is key. The Fleet Europe Tolls & On Road Services Business Manager reports to the Fleet Core Offer Senior Product Manager
3rd Party management including joint ventures and service providers:
Business development for tolls and on road services:
- Commercial contracting, negotiation and management of service providers for each product
- Working closely with the Joint Venture Management Team, representation of bp’s priorities and roadmap
- Performance management of service providers through regular interaction and SLAs
Responsible to drive the performance of fleet products:
- Owner of the strategy and execution across the portfolio: Establishing the right business models/plans, route to market and conducting benchmarking, profitability analysis
- Owner of all governance documents and submissions for the business
- Regularly monitoring the market development and regulation, informing the Leadership Team on opportunities, risks, changes to regulation.
- Monitoring product performance & KPIs by working closely with Tolls and On Road Services Product Manager
- Regular interaction with sales & customers to understand needs, pain points and opportunities Capture and feedback customer insights and market intelligence to differentiate
- Solving technical / commercial / operations issues with related to the products and ensure customer satisfaction, delivery of tolls and on road services products in a seamless way, ownership of the roadmap and accountable for E2E implementation
- Overseeing the product backlog and making decisions on the implementation prioritisation working with the respective Product Owners, Product Managers and scrum teams
This is what you can expect:
- University degree required; Master’s degree in business administration preferred
- Written and oral fluency in English and German
- Extensive commercial experience with minimum 10 years in tolls and on road services, B2B sales, customer facing environment, including working across channels, countries and cultures. Excellent understanding of the tolls and on road services market
- Experience leading large scale complex projects with competing priorities under tight deadlines
- Proven track record in expanding tolls and on road services business and offers across different markets / geographies.
- Experience in the execution of business development initiatives and ambitious product roadmaps
- Competent in managing multiple stakeholders and communications with senior management
- Ability to challenge conventional methods of working, examine multiple options to take on innovative and new solutions, understanding of Agile technique and working
We live equal opportunities and value diversity. We emphasize that all people - regardless of gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion/belief, disability, age and sexual orientation - are equally welcome.
- bp stands for agile working in a digitized, team-oriented and international working environment
- Flexible and mobile working as well as 30 days of leave
- Attractive remuneration package (company pension scheme, bonus and share programme, Aral fuel card, group accident insurance, various special benefits)
- International career and development opportunities as well as extensive internal and external training opportunities
- Subsidized canteen and free hot drinks and water
- Commitment to society: bp doubles the donations made privately by employees to non-profit organizations and rewards voluntary time commitment.
- Employees can offset their personal CO2 footprint, bp doubles this amount
- Programs to improve work-life balance