Based in Singapore but working as part of a global team, you are accountable for the development of technical and commercial skills for bp, with a focus on development in the Trading & Shipping division - including but not exclusively trading, origination, analytics, commodity risk and finance. We are looking for someone with commercial experience in a trading business to develop and deliver training and learning solutions in line with bp’s ambitions as it transforms into an integrated energy company with a new focus on low carbon activities, maintaining a clear alignment with strategic direction and value. You would cover commodities and markets, finance and general commercial learning in the energy sector.
- Define, Develop, Deliver and Curate:
- training courses, both individually and as part of a wider team, and in collaboration with commercial subject matter experts.
- structured, logical and accessible learning curricula, designed both for T&S/F&R personnel and people outside of those businesses who may have less understanding of markets.
- high quality training for counterparties, JVs and other 3rd party relationships where required.
- both face-to-face and virtual learning, in multiple modalities such as e-learnings/videos if appropriate.
- simulations/exercises/assessments, including support of, and improvements to, bespoke simulation software. This includes supporting key assessment/development centres such as the Assessed Traders Course and Middle Office Development Centre.
- Conduct learning requirements analyses and gap identification, assisted by formal or informal strategic guidance from business representatives and subject matter experts, as well as delegate feedback.
- Help maintain a skills taxonomy related to commercial knowledge.
- Maintain own relationships with senior commercial stakeholders and foster a network of subject matter experts to help produce and deliver the learning solutions.
- Help develop specific groups through bespoke structured learning programmes related to commercial skills, such as graduates in Trading and Shipping, but also for other learner cohorts across the wider bp organisation.
- Be able to work with, develop, and learn from peers in the learning space with different areas of specialism in other commodities and markets, as well as learning specialists and those with other backgrounds.
- Cover all energy markets with a focus on the Asia-Pacific region, providing regional representation as part of a global team based in bp’s trading offices in Houston, Chicago, London and Singapore.
- Be able to work in Agile teams, acting as product owner in the agile design process. Also participate as a squad member for more complex agile projects.
- Create an inclusive and diverse workplace. Instil a sense of purpose, set clear direction and boundaries, provide the space for colleagues and partners to be at their best.
Essential Education, Experience and Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
- High level of commercial knowledge in trading, analytics, origination and risk, as well as the ability to train and assess those concepts for the organization.
- Experience having worked on a trading floor in a commercial role.
- Proven leadership skills relevant to the management of subject matter experts to ensure the provision of commercial training.
- Able to lead and influence and to build consensus and engagement across teams, functions and geographies in order to understand and meet stakeholder needs.
- Ability to think strategically and be creative
- Outstanding communication skills; oral, presentation and written, and comfortable communicating both virtually and face-to-face.
- Strong evidence of being a self-starter who proactively takes initiative, manages multiple / conflicting priorities, demonstrates flexibility and adaptability in handling change in a dynamic environment
- Comfortable working in a team environment, both in their ability to lend a hand to others when needed and trust others by asking for their help
- Sound judgment with the ability to simplify and resolve complex issues.
- Excellent performance consulting, stakeholder management skills are essential. Demonstrated ability to apply business acumen and clearly link value to business results
- Other general business skills include analytical thinking, change management, decision making, problem solving, project management.
- Embodies BP’s Values and Behaviours and leadership expectations