The Trading Operator is integral to the success of the Trading & Shipping organization. The Trading Operator coordinates the safe, efficient, and reliable execution of the physical movements into and out of supply chain networks supporting our refineries, branded customer network, and trading business. The role requires the ability to troubleshoot problems and have a commercial mindset to optimize decisions that maximize profitability or lower costs. The Trading Operator must ensure safety and compliance requirements are met, product quality meets the terms of the deal or regulations, and effectively communicates across internal and external parties. Our Trading Operators have a bias for action as well as a focus on efficiency and automation.
The Trading Operator plays a vital role in moving product between suppliers, refineries, terminals, and customers across all modes of transportation including pipelines, rail, truck, intra terminal movements, barges, and vessels. The successful candidate will work on a specific operations bench but will be expected to develop broad operations skillsets to be deployed across multiple roles in the team for leave coverage and business needs. This includes learning multiple modes of transportation, commodities, and supply chains
• Manage the safe and compliant movement of products or feedstocks via various modes of transportation.
• Be flexible and willing to learn multiple modes of transportation and commodities to support the team.
• Troubleshoot problems including timing, quality, supply, delivery, weather. Deeply understand your supply chain.
• Maintain a commercial mindset to identify opportunities to optimize profits or lower costs.
• Develop strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
• Maintain accurate data in the system of record. Understand your role and provide attention to detail. Work closely with back office and front office teams to ensure financial accuracy.
• Identify process efficiencies and support the implementation of change.
• Create a positive environment across operations by sharing ideas and best practices with a One Team approach.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
Essential Experience and Job Requirements
• Effective interpersonal skills
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills leading to effective decision making
• Ability to successfully prioritize and complete tasks in fast paced environment
• Ability to manage across multiple interfaces and stakeholders
• Oil and gas experience
• Strong bias for action
• Ability to build and maintain relationships
• Managing time and pressure in a dynamic environment
• Ability to make a quick decision, sometimes without all the facts
• Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
• Ability to proactively manage day to day issues
• Ability to foresee potential problems and engaging others as necessary in resolution
• Commercial acumen aptitude