We are a global energy business involved in every aspect of the energy system. We have 75,000 employees in 80 countries, working towards delivering light, heat and mobility to millions of people, every day. We are one of the very few companies equipped to solve some of the big complex challenges that matter for the future. We have a real contribution to make to the world's ambition of a low carbon future. Join us, and be part of what we can accomplish together.
In Hungary, we operate bp’s Global Business Services organization which is an integrated part of bp. Our people want to play their part in solving the big complex challenges facing our world today and, guided by our bp values, are working to help meet the world’s need for more energy while lowering carbon emissions. In our offices in Budapest and Szeged, we work in customer service, finance, accounting, procurement, HR services and other enabling functions – providing solutions across all of bp. Join our team, and develop your career in an encouraging, forward-thinking environment!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Would you like to discover how our diverse, hardworking people are leading the way in making energy cleaner and better – and how you can play your part in our world-class team?
Join our Trading & Shipping function and advance your career as a
Trading Settlements Senior Analyst
In this role You will:
In this role we have the following requirements: The role includes 5 days of overtime during closing period as the team is supporting US and Canada. Also please note that the working hours are from 10:00 until 18:00.
- Handle a portfolio of 3rd parties to settle executed trades
- Ensure the accurate and timely completion of Settlements activities including complex Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable tasks
- Generate customer invoices and supporting documentation
- Settle all 3rd party transactions per contractual terms
- Ensure funds are received and paid on time and accurately
- Cooperate with counterparties to avoid discrepancies; provide detailed explanations for any outstanding balances
- Provide details of projected cash flows to enable the treasury team to handle daily and weekly cash requirements
- Run aged debt and cash forecasting
- Build and maintain positive and strong relationships with commercial teams
- Ensure full compliance with policy
- Provide high-quality internal and external customer service
- Deal with a wide variety of ad-hoc queries and raise issues if needed
- Contribute to delivering continuous improvement ideas
- Actively participate in and support projects
At bp, we provide the following environment & benefits to you:
- Relevant degree and at least 2 years of experience in finance or accounting
- Fluency in English
- General understanding of Accounts Payable and Receivable principles
- SAP experience is an advantage
- Good analytical skills and attention to detail
- Great problem solving, communication and interpersonal skills
- Good partner management and customer service capabilities
- Team player attitude, proactive manner and good communication skills
- Ability to prioritize, handle pressure and deliver against deadlines
- A company culture where we respect our diverse and unified teams, where we are proud of our achievements and where fun and the attitude of giving back to our environment are highly valued
- Possibility to join our social communities and networks
- Chill-out and collaboration spaces in a stylish office environment
- Learning opportunities, other development opportunities to craft your career path
- Different bonus opportunities based on performance, wide range of cafeteria elements
- Life & health insurance, medical care package
- Company laptop
- Phone for private usage
- Opportunity to work from home: up to 2 days / week based on team agreement