We are a global energy business involved in every aspect of the energy system. We are working towards delivering light, heat and mobility to millions of people, every day. We are one of the very few companies equipped to solve some of the big complex challenges that matter for the future. We have a real contribution to make to the world's ambition of a low carbon future. Join us, and be part of what we can accomplish together. You can participate in our new ambition to become a net zero company by 2050 or sooner, and to help the world get to net zero.
In Hungary, we operate bp’s Global Business Services organization which is an integrated part of bp. Our people want to play their part in solving the big complex challenges facing our world today and, guided by our bp values, are working to help meet the world’s need for more energy while lowering carbon emissions. In our offices in Budapest and Szeged, we work in customer service, finance, accounting, procurement, HR services and other enabling functions – providing solutions across all of bp. Join our team, and develop your career in an encouraging, forward-thinking environment!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Would you like to discover how our diverse, hardworking people are leading the way in making energy cleaner and better – and how you can play your part in our world-class team?
Join our Procurement Team and advance your career as a
Trading Settlements Senior Analyst
GBS Procurement is integral to building bp's distinctive capabilities and enhancing the procurement processes. In order to achieve this they are collaborating with segment category teams to effectively build, segment and manage the third party supply chains. They are building the next generation of category management; sourcing and digital capability in line with bp’s defined functional vision and location strategy.
In this role You will:
- The role requires to work 6-7 days/month in afternoon shifts
- Manage a portfolio for settlement of financial and physical transactions.
- Be accountable for the accurate and timely completion of Settlements activities within area of responsibility, which include:
- Generate customer invoices and supporting documentation
- Settle all transactions per contractual terms
- Ensure funds are received and paid on time and accurately; liaise with counterparties should any discrepancies occur; provide thorough explanations for any outstanding balances, ensure disputes are tracked, monitored and resolved in a timely manner
- Accurate and timely reporting of all transactions and processing in the Ledgers
- Provide accurate details of projected cash flows to enable Treasury to manage daily and weekly cash requirements
- Ensure smooth close and perform regular reconciliations. Ensure non-reconciling items are followed-up
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with trading and shipping commercial teams
- Ensure full compliance with the relevant Policies and Procedures
- Ensure delivery of high quality customer service
- Manage aged debt, cash forecasting and unreconciling items
- Deal with a wide variety of ad-hoc queries timely and escalate as appropriate
- Identify and assist in delivering continuous improvement ideas
- Actively participate and support projects
- Provide exceptional internal and external customer service in order to build and strengthen relationships
What You will need to be successful:
- Fluency in English
- Relevant degree and at least 1-3 years of experience in finance or accounting
- General understanding of Accounts Payable and Receivable principles
- SAP experience is an advantage
- Good analytical skills and attention to detail
- Great problem solving, communication and interpersonal skills
- Good partner management and customer service capabilities
- Team player attitude, proactive manner and good communication skills
- Ability to prioritize, handle pressure and deliver against deadlines
At bp, we provide the following environment & benefits to you:
- Different bonus opportunities based on performance, wide range of cafeteria elements
- Life & health insurance, medical care package
- Flexible working schedule: home office up to 2 days / week, based on team agreement
- Opportunity to build up long term career path and develop your skills with wide range of learning options
- Family friendly workplace e.g.: Extended paternity leave, Mother-baby room
- Employees’ wellbeing programs e.g.: Employee Assistance Program, Company Recognition Program
- Possibility to join our social communities and networks
- Chill-out and collaboration spaces in our beautiful Budapest Agora and Szeged offices e.g.: Play Zones, Office massage, Sport and music equipment
- Assets like phone for private usage and company laptop are provided from the first day of employment with other equipment if requested
bp Hungary won the Most Attractive Employer 2021 Award, based on the PwC annual research. Come and join us!