The deployed TCM is responsible for leading the TAR business support squad, supporting governance and verification activities. The role works closely with the Unit Lead, and TAR squads to provide day to day TAR Controls support.
The role ensures the integrity and effectiveness of estimating, planning / scheduling, cost management and management of change; continuously improving the TAR controls strategy, plans and procedures; and satisfying BP requirements and the expectations of stakeholders.
- Drives standardization and continuous improvement for the discipline
- Enforces technical standards through verification and guidance for technical assurance on work completed by discipline members; makes decisions on exceptions within approval levels
- Ensures technical processes are up to date, pragmatic and aligned with relevant requirements, endorsing deviation where required
- Promotes knowledge sharing among discipline members for consistency of solutions and sharing of ideas and learnings
- Delivers accurate and on-time performance data, benchmarks and insights to support efficient and effective project execution.
- Manages the site business support squad backlog
- Provide visible safety leadership to model desired behaviours in order to help prevent accidents or harm to people
- Supports the DLs to improve discipline and people capability through coaching, training, and mentoring
- Supports the on-boarding of new project controls members
3.Supporting the Business
- Understands unit priorities and supports squad leaders to build their backlogs
- Supports discipline leads to define priorities for the discipline and incorporate into the prioritization process
- Provide support and direction for independent benchmarking
- Manages contractors to ensure compliance with bp controls strategies, plans, and procedures.
4.Governance and Verification
- Supports TAR assurance in accordance with the TAR common process
- Develop site TAR Controls Improvement Plans (aligned to discipline Vision and Mission) and drive continuous improvement
- Support and implement the TAR controls strategy, plans and procedures, implementing continuous improvements plans and managing conformance to internal and external requirements and stakeholders
- Support Internal and External Benchmarking Exercises
- Must have led a controls team (Leadership skills)
- Possess analytic and control skills
- Must have excellent time management skills and be able to deliver quickly in a short window of time
- Must be highly proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Project Management or Project Controls
At bp, we provide phenomenal environment and benefits such as an open and inclusive culture, a great work-life balance, tremendous learning and development opportunities to craft your career path, life and health insurance, medical care package and many others! Diversity sits at the heart of our company and as an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone's place. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender and gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation. Reinvent your career as you help our business to meet the challenges of the future.