At bp, we have only one thing on our minds: the energy of tomorrow. We want to reimagine energy so that we are climate neutral by 2050 at the latest. And so that the world can be as well. To achieve this, we are rethinking energy and relying on the expertise and passion of our 70,000 employees worldwide, 4,600 of them in Germany. Every day, with the products and services of our bp, Aral and Castrol brands, they ensure energy and mobility for millions of people - today and in the future.
The Turnaround Manager (TAR Manager) is accountable for the delivery of safe, on budget, on schedule, and efficiently executed turnarounds while capturing opportunities and maximizing value for the site. They align with interfacing managers on common objectives with respect to issues at hand or line of sight to annual plan. They drive performance improvement and excellence in turnaround execution through the turnaround organization.
- Lead the turnaround team at the site and set clear direction, priorities, and boundaries for the team
- Manage performance rigorously, holds self and team accountable. Inspire and generate a culture of personal and process safety
- Command professional excellence by demonstrating effective leadership behaviors, willingly taking the lead when challenges occur
- Generate, and retain, talent for the site, valuing expertise through participation in coaching, mentoring, and training programs that foster development and boost performance throughout their team and interfacing teams
- Accountable to identify and create the required turnaround organization that meets the goals of the department, and ultimately, the business needs of the site for both the short and long term
- Serve as single point of accountability for turnaround delivery through turnaround common process (TCP) with safe, on schedule and on budget activity sets
- Ensure robust development of TAR decision support packages
- Maintain goal to deliver assurance of reliable run through the next unit cycle
- Ensure self and department work in compliance with all applicable legal and regulatory requirements
- Responsible for aligning department plan in accordance with site annual plan, including coordination with production plan, availability, profitability, maintenance plan and cost
- Work with other managers and turnaround team to optimize site economic performance, communicates and resolves issues that impact the plan, and develops action plans necessary when divergent from the plan
- Participate in site decisions to manage spending for the best overall business outcome.
What we offer:
- University degree (completed; e.g. Master in Engineering)
- +10 years of professional experience (refinery, petrochemical, chemical industry, manufacturing, etc.)
- Mastery and demonstrable delivery of Change-, Transformation- and Modernisation-Management
- Strong interface management and communication skills
- Very strong in Project Management, Stakeholder Management and Leadership
- Portfolio management experience
- Significant understanding of TAR processes and practices
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- bp stands for agile working in a digitalised, team-oriented and international working environment
- Flexible and mobile working as well as 30 days of annual leave
- Attractive compensation package (company pension scheme, bonus and share programme, Aral fuel card, group accident insurance, various special benefits)
- International career and development opportunities as well as extensive internal and external training opportunities
- Structured onboarding programme and buddy support
- Subsidised canteen as well as hot drinks and water for free
- Commitment to society: bp doubles the donations made privately by employees to charitable organisations and rewards voluntary time commitment
- Employees can offset their personal carbon footprint; bp doubles this amount
- Programmes to improve the work-life balance