Responsible for delivering deal origination and execution, including agreements and complex structured transactions, providing deal assurance, driving new and existing business growth, leveraging BP's customer base, cross bench offerings and structured products, and building strategic relationships in support of these activities to maximise value.
Working closely with the appropriate Book Leader and other members of the trading team, the trader will have the following key accountabilities:
- Identify, develop, and execute entrepreneurial trade strategies utilizing related instruments
- Conduct continual dialogue with market participants and develop a close working relationship with our asset partners
- Maintain an accurate and assured exposure process in collaboration with the Trading and Shipping (T&S) Commodity Risk team
- Provide price support to our derivatives marketing team
- Provide coverage for other books as needed and support cross-commodity initiatives
- Update forward curves and identify new trading opportunities emerging as markets develop
Essential Experience and Job Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- A minimum of five years of industry experience is required.
- Strong knowledge of “the trader’s core competencies”.
- Strong bias for action and ability to handle simple transactions without supervision.
- Active challenger and participant in setting of book strategy.
- Ability to work in a team with demonstrated leadership characteristics
- Ability to work under pressure (both time pressure and market volatility)
- Strong numeracy skills and commercial mindset.
- Attention to detail