About the role
The One Digital Early Careers programme supports bp’s up and coming pipeline of digital talent. Digital Early Careers become part of a diverse, global digital community who are helping to lead bp through the energy transition, to provide reliable, affordable and lower carbon-energy to the world and achieve net-zero.
For graduates, the One Digital Early Careers programme is two years, comprising two 12-month rotations within a dedicated digital discipline. This provides early careers with a breadth of experience and the opportunity to build technical depth to apply to the most complex problems of the future.
Our digital design team is working to humanize digital innovation in bp. We use design to help people engage with our company and with digital technology in new ways, empowering better experiences, safer operations and a more sustainable future. By joining our team, you will have access to resources from one of the world's largest technology departments and exposure to design projects across the breadth of bp global operations. For two years, you’ll work on a variety of different projects within our digital design discipline – giving you end-to-end experience within a modern and ground breaking design studio where you can really develop your user experience (UX) and/or user interface (UI) design skills.
Day-to-day activities will depend on which of the five design sub-disciplines you rotate across: product or service design, design engineering, digital content design, UX research or design operations.
- Our product and service design experts craft the design aspects of a digital product, covering UX / UI to a website, platform or mobile application. They also integrate and connect all aspects of digital products and services, including design thinking.
- If you enjoy writing, storytelling or visual design, working within digital content design would be an ideal fit. This team owns and develops content for bp’s digital solutions and tools, including copywriting, content strategy, digital marketing and graphic design (e.g., print, digital, photography and video).
- Our designs are only successful if supported by effective research. Coordinates and plans research aspects of design and user experience to add valuable insights to design processes. This includes measuring the user experience by collecting feedback, analyzing trends and conducting usability testing.
- If design engineering is your future, you’ll have an opportunity to help define the technology, tools, architecture and engineering for design in bp. This is a broad and interesting domain, that combines design W with developer skills to implement full-stack design for digital outputs, including pattern libraries, frameworks and mobile interfaces.
- Within design operations you will coordinate design projects and support operational delivery. This team plans and completes all design operations and design business engagements with key partners, as well as scopes design requests and studio resourcing.
- Enjoy experimenting with emerging design trends and technologies, while creating positive human experiences too.
- Should have a degree in human computer interaction, design, communications, computer science or an equivalent creative/technical field of study and a minimum GPA of 3.2.
- Must be in final year, graduating by December 2022-May 2023
- No sponsorship available for this position.