As the Unit Lead, you will be responsible for leading an integrated project management team consisting of Project Managers and Discipline Leaders in support of executing the Daedalus Kwinana scope.
In this role you will support the safe design and ensure quality execution, will be the primary risk owner, integrator of disciplines for the project, including engineering, key business stakeholders and will performance manage delivery against the agreed targets and defined budget and schedule. In addition, you will act as a primary contact with the refinery leadership team.
The Unit Lead will be accountable for project execution including planning from entry of the define stage, through to initial production and handover to operations.
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE AND JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Demonstrate leadership values & behaviours which promote an inclusive, safe and environmentally responsible workplace.
- Establish and lead an integrated, motivated and focused project delivery organisation
- Develop a strong integrated ‘one-team’ relationship with the existing refinery operations organisation
- Proactively lead compliance with all bp’s Health, Safety, Security and Environment (HSSE) policies and procedures and foster culture of open near miss and incident reporting
- Establish, communicate, and maintain project objectives and priorities with project team and wider business stakeholders that are aligned with the overall site strategy
- Oversee project scope development to meet project objectives and challenge business and project assumptions to deliver maximum return on investment to bp
- A minimum of a technical bachelor degree level qualification
- 20 years / substantial experience in project management and related roles
- Proven delivery track record in leadership role
- Proven safety and environmental leader
- Proven ability to manage interfaces at multiple levels of the organization and negotiate successful outcomes
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- Experience in and highly advanced understanding of a stage gated project execution processes
- Experience in and highly advanced understanding of Front End Loading (FEL) concepts and project development
- Experience in and highly advanced knowledge of project execution planning including project contracting and construction strategy development
• Knowledgeable of relevant refining industry practices, codes, and standards
• Refining / Petrochemicals / Manufacturing experience
• Experience with of bp’s Projects Common Process
• Chartership or Professional Engineering accreditation.
• APM/PMP accreditation.
BP is an equal opportunity employer supporting diversity in our workforce. BP Australia & New Zealand encourages women, people of Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander, Maori and Pacific Islander heritage and people of culturally diverse backgrounds to apply. If this opportunity sounds like you, then we would love to hear from you. To apply, please click on the 'Apply' button below and follow the prompts.
Please be aware that all bp ANZ employees must be Permanent Residents or Citizens of Australia or New Zealand.