Responsible for supporting the business with accounting issues, using sound technical capabilities in controlling, performance reporting and integrated business planning, advising on policy and compliance and working independently and with relevant teams across the business to effectively deliver a range of finance activities to drive the delivery of outstanding results.
At bp, we're striving to meet the growing global demand for safe, sustainable, and affordable energy. bp’s ambition is to be one of the leading providers of offshore wind energy. A career in offshore wind is an opportunity to help shape the future of bp. To power the scale and pace of growth that we are targeting, we need the best people in the industry. As part of the team, you’ll be playing a key role in support bp to move towards our net zero ambition, at the same time as being part of one of our exciting new energy businesses. You’ll help to plan for and develop our offshore wind projects, growing your talent in all kinds of new and exciting ways to define the future of energy!
Are you ready to take your career to new heights?
Following several recent bid submission and awards for offshore wind leases, we are looking to hire an Offshore Wind Analyst to join our UK team. The successful individual will form part of a multi-disciplinary project team working on the development, construction, and operation of the bp wind projects.
As the Offshore Wind Commercial Analyst, you will work on one or more of the projects bp is progressing. You will support and lead a broad range of business activities, including development of the commercial strategy, project economic analysis, deal shaping, the development of the Business case, and investment governance. You will be a critical team member who will see all aspect of the project and help to integrate and summarise them.
This role will report to the Senior Commercial/Finance Manager.
Essential Experience and Education:
- Own and manage the project economic models and business case, ensuring that they truly reflect the business proposition
- Build insightful economic analysis and provide insights that helps develop the optimal deal structure (Power price and CFD, financing, LCOE of competitors and cost assumptions)
- Participate in developing and completing key commercial topics/strategies, including offtake and bidding strategies (PPAs, CFDs, capacity markets and ancillary services etc.) optionality for offshore wind, the coordinated offshore transmissions initiatives etc)
- Participation in commercial negotiations related to the agree strategies
- Contributing to updates of the business case and economic model (Power price and CFD, financing, LCOE of competitors and cost assumptions)
- Support the internal and external partners and the partner management processes
- Support management of outsourced or 3rd party service providers
- Handling the investment governance process and key commercial performance data for your projects
Other Desirable Skills and Knowledge:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Economics, Science subjects or equivalent business degree.
- CFA or equivalent designation are a plus.
- Experience at running project level discounted cashflow models.
- Proven track record of generating insightful commercial/economic analysis to support the development of innovative commercial solutions in complex value chains.
Why join us
- Understanding of the key drivers of wind and the wider power industry
- Understands debt and equity structures, joint venture arrangements, hedging instruments, and structured finance arrangements
- Proven track record of managing external stakeholder and commercial agreements
At bp, we support our people to learn and grow in a diverse and ambitious environment. We believe that our team is strengthened by diversity. We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment in which everyone is respected and treated fairly.
There are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are meaningful, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits can include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, and excellent retirement benefits, among others!