Sitting within RC&S, Intelligence, Security and Crisis Management (ISC) is the overarching function which delivers geo-political insight, emergency management support and security protection to all bp businesses. The security function works to risk assess identified security threats and manage security barriers to ensure bp’s business activity can be conducted securely, wherever the opportunities arise.
The Workplace Security Portfolio Manager (WSPM) role which exists to deliver; leadership and oversight of Security Workplace projects globally and lead optimization of Security operational delivery and projects.
The WSPM will run a global site portfolio of Workplace projects to track progress and ensure security barriers and procedures are applied in accordance with bp’s requirements and guidance, providing SME technical security and physical security guidance as required.
The WSPM will shape and drive optimization and development of Security processes and projects, progressing long term planning effectiveness and efficiencies, producing analytical reporting, and improving information flow and communications. To deliver efficiencies the WSPM will direct Agile squads in coordination, process and delivery, aligning to strategic, long- and short-term planning.
The WSPM will build strong relationships within each of the ISC Leadership teams and across the business, to identify and influence initial input into Workplace and other Security projects globally at a senior level. Identifying optimal delivery processes and then handing over these projects to the appropriate RSM / CSM for deployment, providing the necessary management oversight and coaching, to ensure Security programs are regionally delivered efficiently, on time and on budget.
- Lead the management of a global portfolio of Security works, comprising of all Workplace projects, holding central oversight of regional delivery, deadlines and budgets, as well as efficient use of processes and effective communications.
- Implement structure and process into Security project delivery. Provide leadership, management and coaching of project delivery processes, optimization, communications, and documentation.
- Create efficiencies and optimization for Security project processes and a reduction of time spent on project work for RSMs / CSMs / project teams.
- Deliver initial senior level Security input into emerging projects and correct handoff into regions.
- Provide technical security expertise on global critical projects, with a focus on UK & Europe projects as the region’s specialist. Ensuring the appropriate bp Security input and oversight is in place so technical solutions are implemented and in line with bp policy and requirements.
- Drive accountability of the bp Security LT members against the Security roadmap, stepping-in to maintain delivery if projects are at risk of issues or blockers and ensuring the VP bp Security is kept updated.
- Evaluate processes on a regular basis. Including identification of areas where KPIs are not met or on track, holding regular reviews and delivering solutions to optimize.
- Verify if improvement initiatives are delivering according to plan, coordinating corrective measures where necessary.
- Lead, on the formulation of Security policy, practice and operating procedures, to enable continuous improvement and development. This includes technical input for Security documentation to ensure best practice and future technology are included in such documentation.
- Produce and present management reports for the bp Security VP and LT supported by data and using metrics to improve analysis of process change and delivery.
- Externally build senior level relationships with law enforcement, government, and industry. In particular, to attend meetings with relevant government and law enforcement groups and to represent bp at industry groups as required.
- Contribute to ISC’s crisis response delivery.
- Bachelor’s degree or professional security qualification .
- Professional Project Management qualification.
- The role holder must be able to speak and write English to a native standard with an emphasis on persuasive writing.
- Be capable of influencing and building consensus at Leadership Team (LT) level.be able to drive accountability of senior level leaders within the bp Security LT.
- Have experience of successfully delivering portfolio management across multi-national or global operational areas.
- Have a deep technical expertise of security technology solutions and an understanding of emerging security technology.
- Have technical expertise with implementing technical security measures to include, but not limited to cloud-based solutions, cctv, access control and management/monitoring systems.
- Have extensive expertise in risk management, conducting risk assessments and implementing security barrier improvement plans.
- Have a detailed understanding of program management strategies and competently design and implement processes to ensure projects remain on time and on budget.
- Have experience with the creation of budgets and business cases, to support expenditure and capital project management.
- Have extensive business analysis, delivery, strategy and operations experience.
- Have extensive change management experience of successfully delivering complex, multi stakeholder, continuous improvement, transformation projects at a senior level.
- Have experience in developing and designing policies, protocols, and procedures.
- Have a successful track record of interacting with senior level managers and successfully building consensus and influencing decision making and budget allocation.
- Have extensive experience of and be comfortable participating in site, national and international level leadership team meetings.
- Have experience working with local and national enforcement agencies.
- Membership of an appropriate professional security body (e.g. The Security Institute or ASIS).
- Experience of Agile working methodology and the Flow-to-Work concept.
- Coaching experience.