PSVM is the second BP-operated development in Angolaoil and oil is produced through a converted hull, floating, production, storage and offloading vessel (FPSO) and is the first FPSO in Angola ultra-deep water. Initial production will come from three wells located in the Plutão field with additional production coming online during 2013 and 2014. To date, 19 discoveries have been announced in Block 31.
PSVM Development Partners
Sonangol P&P (45%),
Sonangol is the concessionaire.
First Oil: December 2012
- The PSVM consists of a converted FPSO with 19 topside modules and an external bow mounted turret. The approximate weights are 20,000 tonne topsides and 3,000tonne turret
- The FPSO produces an average of 106,000 bpd, with a production design capacity of 157,000 bpd and a storage capacity of approximately 1.8 million barrels.
- 40 production, gas and water injection plus 8 (capitalised) wells with defined locations and functions.
- 15 manifolds and associated subsea equipment.
- 155 km of flowlines and 93 km of control umbilicals.
- All topside modules were constructed in Singapore and Malaysia.
- First oil from PSVM was achieved 6th December 2012.
- 8 of the 15 manifolds were built in Angola
- Deepest well VNWA at approx. 4,000m TVDmetres (True vertical depth)
- Longest well: VBPA at approx. 4,900m MD
- Discoverer Luanda Drillship is 35% owned by Angolan company
- 8 of the 15 manifolds are being built in Angola
- A new multi-jointing yard and marine supply base was established at Porto Amboim. The multi-Jointing work involved 175,000 manhours and 5,500 welds.
- Multi jointing was carried out at Dande. The work involved 320,000 man hours and 5,820 welds on 66 km of fowlines.
- A number of umbilicals were manufactured at the Angoflex factory in Lobito
- Most of module support stools, miscellaneous atmospheric vessels, suction piles, pipe racks are being constructed primarily at Sonamet yard in Lobito, and at Sonils yard in Luanda.
- Riser buoyancy cans and piles have been built in Lobito.
- The project has created many direct and indirect jobs.
- The project is supporting corporate social responsibility (CSR) projects.